glo toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We also had problems with these leaking. Both my self and my buddy bought them but within 10 dives both had very slightly leaked and coroded to the terminals so they wouldn't work. We had very carfully checked the o-rings and seals before using them (prior experience with a torch failing)

We bought them thinking they would be much more environmentaly friendly but never got to use them as they were dead before the first night dive.

Apex in the UK make a little red button indicator which whilst a bit more expensive (£45 compared to £25) works very well and seems to be a lot more waterproof.

=Apex in the UK make a little red button indicator which whilst a bit more expensive (£45 compared to £25) works very well and seems to be a lot more waterproof. [/B]

Any links to this? or images?

Been meaning to post an update. While it looks cool this thing is now going in with my camping equipment because it leaked on the first dive Cleaned it up and tried on my second dive and it leaked again. Back to the kriana light I guess....:(

Thanks for the update. And it did make me visit the Apeks site .. havn't been there in a while.

I just got my Blue Glo Toob FX in the mail today. Pretty cool little gadget. The FX is programmable. I picked mine up from ThinkGeek.com.

There is an extremely good writeup on it here:

http://www.dansdata.com/glotoob.htm

A nifty little gadget - I got it more just to appease the gadget fiend in me than for diving. They do technically rate the thing to 11,500 feet of depth so if you guys are getting leaks I'd try looking at a warranty option. I do recall reading somewhere that there was a bad run of caps or something like that that were causing leaks...could be an option for you.

Back
Top Bottom