glo toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi SAH,

The brightest GLO-TOOB is definitely the green, followed by blue, red and then amber. For Scuba purposes I would recommend one of the first three.

Hope this helps,
Kevin.

FWIW, these light are the neatest stocking stuffers to come along. Well made and innovative. Every now and then someone brings something like this to market.
I have no vested interest in this gadget.

Kevsimon, since these are made in South Africa, are you affiliated with the company?

Just my $.02,

Larry

I just got one of these and it's definitely brighter than my kriana light. It's about half the height of a standard glowstick (or kriana). I got the new FX model which has flashing modes also. (just to annoy my dive buddies) Pretty cool little toy. Apparently these thing are good to 11500 ft....good for those really deep dives :D

Mine has a nice blue glow and it's the best looking marker light I have seen.

There is a review of the single mode model here:

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/glo-toob.htm

I just got one in the mail it's the coolest thing!

If this can't do the job nothing can.

wow these things are cool, I just saw them in the shop and online.

I have DM's that hate glow sticks, they talk about them breaking and killing fish.

Sure that would be a bad thing but I'm yet to see that happen, and any way this device stop that from happening ...

Way to go.... =-)

think ive seen a broken glow stick, was on one dive (Aur) and ran across lots of glowing globs floating around, rather bizare.

I have 4 of these (one each color) and had trouble with 3 of them ... basically - the metal parts (the screw in switch and battery screw-in piece you remove to change batteries) are made of aluminimum ... after a few saltwater dives ... the contact points where the screw-in switch contacts the battery on 3 had accumulated enough corrosion to cause the light to fail ... simple fix is to use an emery board and 'sand' the corrosion off ... BUT it took me a while to figure out that was the problem ... so just a word of experience .. watch for this little glitch in the design ... I agree they are pretty cool ....

Bade

These Glo Tubes are really cool and work well, I was recently on a liveaboard in Red-Sea and a lot of guys had them there.

one thing that caused a couple of them to fail was the that the switch (small part you twist in) was in a couple of turns before screwing the lid on when putting a battery in. this had the affect that the light came on automatically but did not allow the o-ring to contact its sealing face and allowed water in. After we sussed this we were making sure that the switch was fully out before putting the cap on.

hope this saves any trouble in the future..

Mondo

Back
Top Bottom