Question Glen Ayr - how is diving in front of it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterone

Contributor
Reaction score
We are staying a few days at Glen Ayr and are wondering if there is anything of interest in front of it or if it is just a slope.

Just trying to decided if we should dive there at all or just dive more at the other locations that are near the hotel.

I haven't dove there myself, but here is a thread on NWDiveClub.com that describes the site. Sounds like the best stuff is deep.

Glen Ayr is a nice place to stay, though, and is very convenient to Sund Rock and Octopus Hole.
Thanks for the link. Sounds like there is a wall down at a 100, so probably interesting.

We were actually debating between Glen Ayr and Sunrise, since we havent stayed at either. But we did want to be close to those two sites that you pointed out. Though from what I have read a few have been disappointed with Sunrise.

We stayed at Mike's last time and it was just ok and wanted something different.

Thanks for the link. Sounds like there is a wall down at a 100, so probably interesting.

We were actually debating between Glen Ayr and Sunrise, since we havent stayed at either. But we did want to be close to those two sites that you pointed out. Though from what I have read a few have been disappointed with Sunrise.

We stayed at Mike's last time and it was just ok and wanted something different.
Definitely stay at Glen Ayr over Sunrise- no comparison in terms of quality and comfort. I would not bother with the dive site in front of Glen Ayr when you have Sund Rock and Octopus Hole down the road. Sund Rock alone will provide a weekend's worth of great diving. Have fun.

Definitely stay at Glen Ayr over Sunrise- no comparison in terms of quality and comfort. I would not bother with the dive site in front of Glen Ayr when you have Sund Rock and Octopus Hole down the road. Sund Rock alone will provide a weekend's worth of great diving. Have fun.
Thanks, I guess Glen Ayr it is. Do you know if they fill tanks on site?

Is a single reservation at Sund Rock good for diving all day?

The folks at YSS would be happy to fill your tanks (just down the road in Hoodsport). Really nice people and a quality operation

As @JohnN said, YSS is just down the road (like 5 minutes) and provides fills.

Yes, the reservation is for an arrival time and you can stay for multiple dives once you are there.

@JohnN (who looks a lot like Elvis Presley to me! and I hope to dive with him some day!) and @OrcasC205 nailed it.

For some of us old timers,"#me", I am struggling to remember that YSS is the new Hoodsport and Dive :wink:
You can get your fills and pretty much anything else there.

Do yourself a favor and get some legit Mexican food and margaritas at El Puerto De Angeles 4 Hoodsport, WA - Takeaway food - hoodsport - Order online in Hoodsport.

Breakfast at The Tides: We are open for dine in, both indoor and outdoor seating.

Coffee at Coffee, Espresso & Ice Cream Shop in Hoodsport, WA | Hoodsport Coffee Company

As long as we've pivoted to YSS, they also operate two boats. "Saltwater Therapy" and "Miss Gib" If you've been 'jonesing' for a dive on Pinnacle or Flagpole or one of their new sites, check them out. John and Katherine run YSS and deserve our support

As @JohnN said, YSS is just down the road (like 5 minutes) and provides fills.

Yes, the reservation is for an arrival time and you can stay for multiple dives once you are there.
Good to know, thank you.
@JohnN (who looks a lot like Elvis Presley to me! and I hope to dive with him some day!) and @OrcasC205 nailed it.

Do yourself a favor and get some legit Mexican food and margaritas at El Puerto De Angeles 4 Hoodsport, WA - Takeaway food - hoodsport - Order online in Hoodsport.

Breakfast at The Tides: We are open for dine in, both indoor and outdoor seating.

Coffee at Coffee, Espresso & Ice Cream Shop in Hoodsport, WA | Hoodsport Coffee Company
We like our Margaritas and Mexican food, so that will be a stop for sure, thanks.
As long as we've pivoted to YSS, they also operate two boats. "Saltwater Therapy" and "Miss Gib" If you've been 'jonesing' for a dive on Pinnacle or Flagpole or one of their new sites, check them out. John and Katherine run YSS and deserve our support
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have any availability for the 1st week of April other than a night dive at Sund Rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom