Question Glen Ayr - how is diving in front of it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@JohnN (who looks a lot like Elvis Presley to me! and I hope to dive with him some day!) and @OrcasC205 nailed it.

For some of us old timers,"#me", I am struggling to remember that YSS is the new Hoodsport and Dive :wink:
You can get your fills and pretty much anything else there.

Do yourself a favor and get some legit Mexican food and margaritas at El Puerto De Angeles 4 Hoodsport, WA - Takeaway food - hoodsport - Order online in Hoodsport.

Breakfast at The Tides: We are open for dine in, both indoor and outdoor seating.

Coffee at Coffee, Espresso & Ice Cream Shop in Hoodsport, WA | Hoodsport Coffee Company
Had a Margarita with my dinner, probably should have had more and as a double as they are a little sweet. Also ate at the Tides and Had coffee at Hoodsport coffee-.

Glen Ayr had a good room and very nice staff. I did do one evening dive in front just to check things out.

Thanks!

Oh for Octopus hole, it had a bunch of no trespassing signs.

Is this the entrance just to the left of the signs?
20220404_091434.jpg

Had a Margarita with my dinner, probably should have had more and as a double as they are a little sweet. Also ate at the Tides and Had coffee at Hoodsport coffee-.

Glen Ayr had a good room and very nice staff. I did do one evening dive in front just to check things out.

Thanks!

Is this the entrance just to the left of the signsView attachment 716195
I probably should have qualified how I order my margaritas with them. I would agree that if you order one straight off the menu, it is going to be a bit too sweet. That is the entrance to Octopus Hole. Sketchy little downhill walk over the guardrail at times. I have not dived there recently, so I cannot speak to any "No Trespassing" signs. I exclusively dive Sund Rock these days. A couple of miles south of Octopus Hole. Private and way better diving and well worth the cost of entrance. Glad that everything worked out for you!

Yeah, I just did a quick maragarita pick of the menu to go with my meal, which was excellent. I will be going back to that place on my next few trips in the next couple of months.

The no trespassing signs are just to the right of that walkway. One facing towards the walkway and one about 10 feet posted on another tree facing the road. So there might be a property line just on the side of the walkway. I couldn't tell and didn't want to pick wrong and bother anyone.

We did dive at Sund rock all weekend, which was great. We dove the lil wreck, north and south walls. Lots of little seals in the area. We wanted to dive there yesterday to but you need to reserve 15 hours in advance per the website and it had no number to call.

I drove down in the morning and no divers were there but the older gentleman wouldn't budge on the reservation timing...I get it rules are ..rules... However, I have a feeling if I ran into Cindy again that we might have been able to dive. That's when we went looking for the octopus hole.

Thanks!

Is this the entrance just to the left of the signs?View attachment 716195
That is the entrance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom