Girlie Gook --- what's the best??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shannonjon22:
I have a similar haircut and the exact same problem. What I have learned to do is just dive with a hood, regardless of the water temp or what I look like with it on. It prevents my hair from covering up my mask, a real issue if I'm trying to take pics u/w. I also have problems that my hair, if left uncovered, will somehow cause my mask to leak. Problems are all solved with the hood. On a more girlie note, I did get a special-order hood from Terrapin that looks like a tiara. I can be a dive diva now! Plus, regardless of how silly it looks, my buddy will never lose me in a crowd. That, to me, is well worth any chiding I might receive for diving with a hood in the Caribbean.
OMG, do you have a picture?? :blinking:

MeiLing:
I picked up a copy of the latest issue of Jane and there is a tip in their in an article titled, "The Slackers Guide to Looking Swanky", that I think would really work for us lady divers who want to look good in the water. Here goes:

Try a nontoxic red Sharpie (that's right, permanent marker) for a lasting lip stain. Dot along your lips and blend with a natural balm.

Tip came from Cristina Barolucci of DuWop Cosmetics.

Just so happen to have a nontoxic red Sharpie in my desk drawer and a brand new tube of Ocean Potion lip balm that I found along with their sunscreen at the local drugstore chain.

Not sure if I am brave enough to try it while I'm still at work!:mischief:
I'd love to see a pic of this when you try it!:D

Okay, I did try it at work but I sort of cheated. I put the lip balm on first and then rubbed the side of the marker on my lips and then did the lipstick rub your lips together thing. Softens the color way down to kind of a sheer MAC Glam IV kind of shade. It’s definitely red, but not embarrassingly so. It stains your lips a little red and the balm keeps it from totally setting. Might set better if I did it exactly how they describe in the article.

I will definitely be trying it at home later the correct way! And I’ll post a pic!:wink:

And I’ll post a pic!

yaya we need pics in this thread.

so...I'm still hung up on the silicone thing..if your hair is dead keratin, how would putting it on make it grow slower or thin? just curious?

I am very dependent on silicone in all its forms, so help me out here.

and non-toxic sharpies exist? they don't smell too non-toxic mei ling

catherine96821:
and non-toxic sharpies exist? they don't smell too non-toxic mei ling

Says nontoxic on the side! I was thinking the same thing! If I wake up dead tomorrow, I'll let you know! :D

Ladies, let's talk dry skin. What are you girls doing about sun baked skin? :sad:

TheRedHead:
Ladies, let's talk dry skin. What are you girls doing about sun baked skin? :sad:
All kinds of different lotions and balms! I just love a variety! For a sheer, feel I like Neutrogena body lotion. I also like Bath and Body Works stuff and Victoria's Secret lotion, body butter and sugar scrubs.

If I'm pressed for time and feeling somewhat low maintenance (most of the time), I will use Neutrogena body oil. You put a little in your palm and then rub it all over your still wet body while in the shower. Then towel dry. Helps to lock in the moisture and I have really dry skin!

I also like Palmer's stuff. Their shea butter balm is the best thing I've ever found for healing cracked skin on your palms or feet!:D

MeiLing:
If I'm pressed for time and feeling somewhat low maintenance (most of the time), I will use Neutrogena body oil. You put a little in your palm and then rub it all over your still wet body while in the shower. Then towel dry. Helps to lock in the moisture and I have really dry skin!

I swear by this stuff - use it after you towel off, it lasts a long time and it's very light, sesame oil I think, with a nice scent. Wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom