Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are certainly ways of getting around buying all the equipment up front. My instructor offered rentals/ loners furring my Cave 1 course. I took him up on some gear to try out something different. (Curses because I liked it and it cost more but to the point). You can rent most if not all the gear necessary to make the transition. I am still trying to get the stage bottles and regs I want and hopping that the wife will not notice the scooter on my wish list, we can all dream.
For cavern the gear investment is minimal, a 5-7' hose and some lights if you don't have them already as well as a reel.
I knew that I wanted to do trimix and cave so I had started diving Hogarthian so I already had tanks with H-valves and regs set up. But my course mates were in modified open water gear.
Cave divers are the friendliest group of people I have met so far lots of people Will let you try something on a dive so you can see if you like it.
My recommendation is to go through cavern with as little equipment changes as necessary, then get into the equipment after you get the bug.

I agree.
I could take you diving for a day at the cost of $250 bucks. I could lend you gear, take in you in cool spots, show you some cool skills, and you could see if cavern diving was for you. But that seems unfair when for just another $150 you could take the full cavern course and if you did well, receive a card and thorough complete training.

Let me know when you're in the area and maybe we can work something out. I would love for you to catch this contagious bug. Cave Addiction is an awesome disease.

---------- Post Merged at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Grrrrrr. Way to make me jealous. I will be down tomorrow to try out some new toys. I am sure when I swing through she will find a way to drain my credit card. I always tell her she can spend my money quicker then my wife can. lol

Well, she does things my wife won't do.

Bwahahahaahahaha! I mean cave diving perv. My wife won't cave dive. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom