Ginnie Springs..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slcbrian

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all.. Me and my Girl friend were thinking about going there this saturday and doing some diving, couple of questions, Should I bring my wheeled pull cart to cart my dive gear from the car to the dive spots, or are you able to get your car close enough you can just gear up from there and go and dive, or is there tables set up near each spring you can put your gear on etc.. Which of the springs are best to dive, we plan on getting there early hopefully before everything gets stirred up.. what are the average depths of the springs? I have no intrest in going into any cave either, Im only OW certified.. and should I expect it to be mad crazy there on saturday..:eyebrow:

Also how much are air fills there?

Timing is everything as far as parking goes. Saturdays are usually busy, so get there early. Parking is generally close enough that walking isn't a problem, as long as you don't mind gearing up and leaving thinsg in your car. If you need to have a staging area set up, your cart may work. There are pavillions and picnic tables around.
Depth in the main bowl area is about 20 feet. Maybe a little less.
The ballroom is over 50 feet, but it is a cavern, so you may not go in there.

it wouldnt be any fun not going in the ballroom.

OW divers are allowed in the Ballroom with lights. They are allowed in the OW sections of Little Devil, Devils eye and Devils ear with no lights. Ballroom is 50' to the grate and a very cool dive. Little Devil is a large crack/fissure around 40'. The eye is a round hole 20' with an opening that leads to the ear via cave and the ear is the main entrance to the cave system. It's very cool to watch the tannic river water swirl in and out of the ear being pushed by the outflow from the cave system.

I forget the cost of air but it is cheap. There is no nitrox at ginnie though.

Weekends are a madhouse especially in the summer so get there early. Everything is within easy walking distance of your car but DO NOT leave any gear out unless you are right on top of it. Unfortunately things tend to grow feet around there.

If I wasn't going to Blue Grotto Saturday I'd be up at Ginnie.

Did go there Saturday, it was fun, got there early, but it did get BUSY QUICK, It was like a "white trash tube rally" or something, but once you got past about 7 feet, it was all good, Dove into the ball room, liked it alot, Took some pictures, though I would share...

Click on the pictures for bigger ones..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom