Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being an internet site carries along with it the implication that there is a lot of information, That being the case, organization, and efficiency are neccesary to find what you want. I dont think its unreasonable to remind people new to the forum to see if something has already been discussed before posting a generic question. How do you think salesman feel when you walk into their guitar store and say, whats a good guitar for a beginer? Dont you think they get tired of answering that day in and day out? (yes, of course they want to make a sale, thats not the point).

Anyway, I dont want to argue this any moe, because now Im just contributing to the unconstrcutive debate. Im sorry if I made the newbie feel unwelcome.

WaterDawg:
Jon, you suck!

Don't post for months and comes back with this! :D LOL

I know the same questions get old, I just tend not to answer them every time :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Don't post for months and comes back with this! :D LOL

I know the same questions get old, I just tend not to answer them every time :D

I can only take so much ScubaBoard, thats why I only post about 6 months out of the year.
JV is right, some things do get old, but your right too this is a forum. Its all on how you get your point across. And Im sure JV knows I was just kidding.

Jon, Chris;

Take care during the 'Cane - see you guys on the flip side!

WaterDawg:
I can only take so much ScubaBoard, thats why I only post about 6 months out of the year.
JV is right, some things do get old, but your right too this is a forum. Its all on how you get your point across. And Im sure JV knows I was just kidding.
i thought you just had dive envy

The search function here has frustrated the heck out of me many times, also. So, I have now learned that if I'm going to hit a topic that has been covered, do the search, if you don't find what you want fairly quickly, POST. I'd rather deal with a longtime member's ire than wade through endless no-help posts.

But, I also think it's a way understandable thing for a newbie to post a common question.. We should answer them by first giving a quick answer to their question, and then tell them about the search function. Took me a while to find it, they may not know what it is.

Just trying to explain why this probably happens, jviehe. I know it frustrates a lot of people, hope this helps. And welcome to SB, FDS700. Have fun, this is a great place to hang out! Have even more fun at Ginnie!

Foo

My feeling is that every person has a different experience at a dive site, a motel or with gear. And new people to SB are coming on every day, a search is good but not the end of the possible information that someone may be looking for. I think that this "newbie" designation and lack of patience wiith questions that may not as thrilling as an experienced diver may be looking to answer, are unfortunate. If we new divers could, we would make a place for you on this site so you would not be bothered with us, but then we would only be talking to ourselves. So if you dont want to answer old questions, then dont. its really that simple. with all respect that you took up this sport before me. w

expect it to be a warm hole, neat for about 10 minutes, then it's time to get out, In my opinion it was a waste of time as far as florida goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom