Ginnie Springs Trip Report 3-19-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey , thanks ScubaFool for the wonderful time yesterday...Hey , we did that lights-out air-share really well !!!
I saw something I have never seen in the main springs yesterday...Saw about a 3 foot long SNAKE in there...Man , I have NEVER Backpeddled so fast...
(Darn thing was hanging around the cavern entrance).
Then the snake swam up from the cavern and tried to "attack" a guys arm near the shore/steps. He shoo-ed it off and it went up onto shore...Someone told me that it was not a dangerous type of snake , so I didn't get too uptight about it...

Jean

Jean, we came real close to giving you a call but it was getting late and chose not to bother.
The snake thing would have freaked me out!!!!!!!!!!!

So what was the vis in the river? Is it continuing to clear up?

I really want to drift the river at MegaDive05.

I can't comment on if its 'clearing' up, since I have nothing to compare it to. This was my 2nd time onsite, the first being last Oct after all the hurricanes and the water levels were still low and the river wasn't clear at all then. This time around, the river was definately clearer, but not clear. I would say less than 5' of vis easily.

Jean - Last Oct, we were molested by a snake as well. It was a water moccassin around 4' or so. Our snake happened to be the poisoinous variety. I managed this pic with my first camera before it flooded on that same trip. http://www.suprbugman.com/albums/album33/Picture_133.sized.jpg

Anytime, Jean. I had a good time. Now if only I could get the pump/dump while diving those heavy suckers situation ironed out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom