Ginnie, Grotto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scjeepking

Reaction score
Anyone going to Ginnie Springs or Blue Grotto this weekend? My dive partner and I had the chance to piggyback on a local instructors certification trip this weekend. He had a couple of dropouts so we paid for their rooms, and are riding up with a high school friend of mine who is in the class. I have never been to Grotto, and have had several different stories about how deep it actually is. The site claims 100', but I've heard as much as 130'? Anyone been b4?

The max I got at Blue Grotto was 98 feet. I'm sure that if you push it, you can get 100 feet somewhere, but I dont know about 130 feet. Its a cool dive though. If you have the time and the money, Devils Den is right down the road from Blue Grotto. Check that out too if you havent been. Let me know how it goes. That following weekend I will doing a open water class at Weeki Wachee on Sat. then on a boat in the Gulf Sun.

Devils Den is a much better dive than Blue Grotto. When I was there the vis sucked. In my opinion I would do Ginnie and devils den. Just my $0.02

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom