Ginnie 6/10 & 6/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looks like the ocean is going to be bumpy this weekend. I'm heading up to Ginnie with two of my rescue students. Hopefully, we get to dive in between rain showers.

Al

hey, keep an eye out for tree limbs... unfortunately, a limb fell and killed
a camper over the weekend (no kidding)

H2Andy:
hey, keep an eye out for tree limbs... unfortunately, a limb fell and killed
a camper over the weekend (no kidding)

I heard!!! (Terrible)

Jean

It turned out to be a great weekend at Ginnie. The last time I went there, it was ... uhmmm... I took an underwater photo class there with CudaChaser 24 years ago... So, it was almost like I had never been there...

We talked about blowing off the trip because of Arlene, but we decided that Arlene would probably scare most of the fair weather divers off, and we'd have the place to ourselves. We were almost right. The weather in Melbourne was terrible, and the weather at Ginnie was fantastic. I think we made the right decision.

We spent Saturday doing our rescue scenarios in the Little Devil entrance area. Talon and Bob did OK... I won't mention that they tried to kill their instructor a couple of times. After our 3mm wetsuits started to chill... the storms came and chased us out of the water. So, it was time to drink beer.

We spent Sunday morning in the ballroom. It had been so long since I've been there, I didn't remember it. I did remember the grate, and I did recognize a couple of spots inside the ballroom. Most of it was like a new experience. We had the ballroom to ourselves. The other divers there didn't have lights, so they didn't enter. We spent all morning investigating every nook and crannie in there. Again... as we started to get chilled... the storms chased us out. Time for beer... after lunch, Bob brought his two kayaks, and Talon and I paddled down the Santa Fe river to the bridge. It was nice... a storm came through just as we were getting ready to start paddling, so we were soaked... but... that didn't stop us. It was a nice ride down the river.

The trip home was terrible... the rain... the accidents.. (not us, fortunately)... It took us 6 hours to get home... It was definitely time for a beer when I got home...

I didn't see any SBers there... or at least I didn't recognize any... (other than Talon)

Oh yes... I can't forget... We need to congratulate Talon for completed the Rescue course...

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom