gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, here's the scoop so far on the hotel.

Cross country inn has at least 7 rooms available for the night of the 18th.
room rate for 2 adults is 54.99
There's no group discounts, and each room would have to be reserved with a seperate credit card. so, call 1-800-621-1429 if you want to reserve a room. This one sounds like our best bet for all of us being centralized, and sounds clean, so it works for me so far :wink:

Iv'e been following this thread for a week or so.

I live about a hour away from Gilboa, and had planned on meeting you folks there even tho I have not posted.

Ya'll still planning on going? I dive dry, and am up to it, but with a water temp of 40 and a surface temp of 18, are you still planning on going?

Id drive out to meet you, but please tell me if your not going to go so I don't have to get out of my warm bed!

Dave

I plan to be there but stick with the thread. They are calling for nasty weather this way so I will have to see what the road is going to be like.

Chad

I can't speak for our Northern brotheren though. :)

No need to get up too early though Big O.....I won't be. :)

Chad

As far as the air temp goes....just run to the bath house real quick after you get out of the water. :D

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
I plan to be there but stick with the thread. They are calling for nasty weather this way so I will have to see what the road is going to be like.

Chad

I can't speak for our Northern brotheren though. :)

Looks like air temps will be similar to last weekend, and that was a bit uncomfortable even for a Cold Water Barbarian (cwb). But if it's for the comraderie, it'll probably be worth it!

Hope you have fun!
wb

Gilboa group has to promise me that you will turn Chad rightside up if he falls over on his doubles(thinking of an upside down turtle):D

Chad brought this up in another thread

For those heading north/south...whatever to get to gilboa....if you can stay on the major roads (interstates and heavily travelled state routes) do that. Gilboa is literally in the middle of nowhere off of state route 224. 224 is a heavily travelled alternate to the turnpike and is normally in decent shape...

Special note to those coming from our northern neighboring country......Roads will be fine...there will be the occasional idiot off the road having no idea how he got there......."you mean I can't take that 90 degree jog at 50 and keep my P-O-S SUV on the road"......

jbd once bubbled...
Gilboa group has to promise me that you will turn Chad rightside up if he falls over on his doubles(thinking of an upside down turtle):D

Now that's funny....

Back
Top Bottom