Gilboa Quarry Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The weather was in the 80s and perfect. When I first pulled up, I thought, everyone else must have the same idea as the outer parking lot was packed. I went in to register and talked with Mike for a few minutes. I had not been to Gilboa for a few years and found out, you can’t park in the back, in the woods, by the docks anymore (unless you are camping). You have to park in the outer lot and lug your stuff back there. They provide courtesy heavy duty wagon carts for this. Thus, why the outer parking lot was packed.

I met up with my dive buddy, Tim, and we lugged our stuff back there. Now, I bought this big plastic case on wheels at Home Depot years ago, so my stuff goes on there. I DIY’d the top so I can bungee cord my tank to it, so I did not need the courtesy heavy duty wagon. I saw people looking at my awesomely modified equipment roller carrier.

As for the conditions, warm above the thermo at about 21 feet, cold below. The viz was surprisingly not bad. There are times I have jumped off the dock and could see the plane, there are times I’ve jumped off the dock and can’t. Today, I jumped off the dock and could see the plane. Tim and I did the usual tour, plane, helicopter, bus, back and forth along the deep wall, back and forth along the nearside wall. There was surprisingly good viz most of the deep with pockets of bad viz here and there.

All in all, an enjoyable day of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom