Gilboa Quarry did NOT Flood!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just got off the phone with Mike at Gilboa Quarry.

Despite circulating rumours to the contrary,

Gilboa Quarry did NOT flood!! :monkeydan

The river didn't make it into the quarry!! (there was some leeching through the wall under the campground road)

Divers have indicated that viz is 15-30ft, depending on where you are and how deep you go. Most of the bad viz is on a surface layer.

The river is down 12-15ft and no longer threatening to overflow. Mike has also had 3 pumps running to get the quarry level back down a few inches and take out some of the surface layer where the bad viz is suspended.

On the home front, there was flooding in Mike and Jodie's basement, and they're still assessing some of the damage (e.g. furnace, etc), but the water DID NOT make it to their main floor!!

Mike wanted to pass along a thanks for all the prayers, well-wishes, contributions, and sacrifices by divers stopping in to help out! He indicated he had his first good night's sleep last night.

He wanted to make sure that everyone knew that
"The pool is open"
and he's looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!
:wave-smil

Good news, wb416. Thanks for the update.

Thank God! Thanks for the update and good news.

Really great to hear that everything is OK!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wb416:
I drove down through Ottawa today on my way back from the college to Cincy.

Those poor people have a horrible mess to clean up. :(

Sad to hear that... although, I'm sure the mess would be much worse if they didn't get the good help from you and other kind folks that sandbagged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom