Gilboa or Circleville July 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrengle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I are newly certified SDI OW card holders. We would like to do a day of diving this coming Saturday if possible. This would be our first time outside of a classroom atmosphere, and we are looking for someone to meet up with that could give us pointers and such. We wanted to work on our buoyancy, and probably some nav, and just in general site see so to speak...

I can dive with you Saturday.

Gilboa is preferable, but can do C-ville as well.

I can dive with you Saturday.

Gilboa is preferable, but can do C-ville as well.

I will be at Gilboa, as of now; I understand the weather was not kind to them this weekend.

Dave and Hob, thanks I'll keep you posted and see which one my wife is up for. I'd prefer to try Gilboa myself too as it would be new for us. But want to make sure my wife is in a comfortable environment to her.

I know we are some of the lucky ones here in Columbus to have power. We were only out for a couple hours on Friday night...

I will have a couple DMC's doing training and my son and his g-f, she is getting certified and limited to shallow water. Feel free to come with us. A very low key weekend. Again, I am not sure what Gilboa has going on with power and what not, but I need the depth for the DM class to do the Deep Scenario dive at some point; but your wife will be quite comfy on the shallow side of Gilboa; lots to see and LOTS of critters.

We are currently planning on camping at the "turnaround" and will use the dock closest to the plane. If schedule doesn't change I will be there Fri PM.

Hob thanks for the invite. Maybe we'll see you there. I've been talking to Dave, and he was actually our DM in my wife's and I's OW dives. We won't be doing any deep dives though. Myself and my wife aren't ready for that yet.

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Oh and just talked to the shop at Gilboa, they said they should have air and power back tomorrow they are told.

just called Gilboa and got no answer; also, my folks that needed the deep water cannot make this weekend, so I'll be at NSR probably.

I talked to one of the girls there about an hour ago. She was out and about on the camp ground she said, but they have power back, and are operating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom