Gilboa November 16, 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really is pretty easy to see, it's on the left side of the road.

Gilboa is almost due west of exit 159 so that should give you a little better idea about how long it will take you to get there. You've got about 25 miles of backroad to take when you get off at Big T's exit. We came home via St. Rt. 235 one time and that was faster than taking I-75 so T's way may be quicker.

There's a Cracker Barrel at exit 159, that's why we usually go that way!
Ber :bunny:

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...
Hubby and I will be going up Saturday, I get off work at 7:30am so we should be there by 11:00am.

Any takers?

was supposed to be there yesterday but son got sick and I had to stay behind while dive buddies drove off ( bummer) but the 16th may be looking good

I don't run...and I'll be darned if I run all the way to lexington

Second...if you go the way Ber has suggested, you will not see the steer/cow/bull.....Whatever you want to call it. The damn thing is huge though, and I can take you there if you really want to see it.

As for what way to go, it all depends on wether or not you want to stay at gilboa or a hotel (though gilboa now has heated bunkhouses). Closest hotel is ottawa (but I think there's ony one) or Findlay (Findlay has more restaurants & hotels)

I'm pretty sure that my way is quicker by about 25 minutes. From Wright State, it takes about an hour and a half to get to the quarry...and that's not driving some ridiculus speed either. Most students who "race" the other way take just under 2 hours

He might see the steer (it's not a cow or bull, big difference between the three; how many times do I have show you that:wink: )

If you know to look for it you'll see it, I saw it the first time I went there. Granted sometimes you don't see it until you're past the road but that's why I told him he could always take the next road.

You forgot to tell him that the students who go racing up there almost always end up getting speeding tickets too! One kid was pulled over and ticketed twice on the way up! Talk about an expensive check-out dive!

It is shorter going just about any way but the highway because I-75 veers to the east and you have to go west for 10 miles or so on 224 to make up for that.

One of the guys in the advanced class got 2 speeding tickets from the same cop on his way to Portage I believe. They were within 10 miles of one another. That guy was a putz anyway.

Anyway, I have some good news. My security clearance finally came thorough...I can start my job....yeah....paycheck!!!!!

Glad the clearance came through!

At least the OW student didn't get hit by the same cop!

Hubby and I will be going up Saturday, I get off work at 7:30am so we should be there by 11:00am.

Any takers?

Any one need a dive buddy? Would love to join you all on the 16th.

Looks like I might be able to come. I hope others from the board can make it too.

Chad

CK, glad to hear you might make it! Looks like we're going to stay in town and dive Sunday morning too whether I have to work or not. Another member of our group will be able to come up Sunday to do some dry suit work. If I don't have to work we'll stay later than 12-1pm but if I'm working Sun. night we'll have to leave by then to get home, rinse gear and let me get a nap.

Hope everyone comes down or up, whichever the case may be!

We'll be in a green Chevy full size 4X4 cab & a half pickup with a black tonneau cover. Come over and say "Hi!" when you see us!

Hope everyone comes down or up, whichever the case may be!

We'll be in a green Chevy full size 4X4 cab & a half pickup with a black tonneau cover. Come over and say "Hi!" when you see us!

I just talked to the folks at Gilboa. The were not damaged by the storms and everything is up and running. Hope to see you all on the 16th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom