Gilboa May 14/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverEMT:
I'm in Grand Traverse County

Then it's a long drive for you given Gilboa is a an hour or so into Ohio from Michigan.

More info / an exact location can be found at www.divegilboa.com

If you are up for the drive it should be a wonderful weekend. Otherwise, perhaps we can meet somewhere further North in the future.

I just realized that I have to work all weekend-That's kinda of an important thing. We'll have to plan something that we can meet in the middle.

DiverEMT:
I just realized that I have to work all weekend-That's kinda of an important thing. We'll have to plan something that we can meet in the middle.

I hope to spend some time up at Higgins Lake after the wife has the baby. That should be pretty doable for you. We are expecting early June so it will probably be sometime in early July.

Mitten Diver

I love Higgins Lake! They have a really nice campground there too! My parents have stayed at the state park up there several times. I've been up there to visit them and it's so peaceful. I haven't dove the lake, but there's always a first time. My husband and I have been looking for an excuse to go camping for a few days!

DiverEMT:
I love Higgins Lake! They have a really nice campground there too! My parents have stayed at the state park up there several times. I've been up there to visit them and it's so peaceful. I haven't dove the lake, but there's always a first time. My husband and I have been looking for an excuse to go camping for a few days!

Sounds good to me, family has a cabin on the North end of the lake. My regular dive buddy will be away a hockey camp so finding someone to dive with would be real cool. Be sure to bring your own tanks of air as I believe the Air Shack is still closed so local fills are bit of a problem. I will follow-up as the date gets closer.

Mitten Diver

No confirmation yet, but my parole may come up for this weekend! I need practice as I haven't been in two stages plus the 130's since my trimix skills and I wasn't happy with my trim in those things then.

Then, Dutch Springs would be next weekend. But seeing as they don't have the docks like Gilboa, that quarry isn't quite as friendly about getting two stage bottles out to the quarry with you. That would be like trying that routine at Higgins Lake (American Legion Access) with the "Death March".

diver_paula:
Hi Alanna.

Thank you for adding the pic (a nice one!), it's always good to put a name to a face.

Paula

Ok, Paula here is the deal...... I will come out and do a night dive saturday night and stay the night. So, we can tell ghost stories :11: around the campfire! And of course the melting of the bottles ceremony will be held.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom