Gilboa, Friday 6/17 - Saturday 6/18/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, if you missed the lousy viz reported last weekend by pennypue and Jchoby and want to get wet on Friday hopefully before the weekend classes arrive, then start asking for Friday off (or plan to start coughing conspicuously on Wednesday and Thursday so when you call in sick people will believe you).

I'm planning to head up after my morning dentist appt. and definitely get there before Noon and have lunch during the first surface interval. Right now, jham2081 is going to be there and, since he's a newer diver, I'll be mainly diving with him to let him see Gilboa so we're definitely staying on the shallow side. I hope the viz is good on Friday, but I'm camping so that we can get an early start Saturday before the inevitable classes arrive.

So, who wants to join us?

-Rob

hmmmm..... very possible. I'm looking for somewhere to dive this weekend. The princess, too! But to get there Friday before the silting begins would be really nice.

diver_paula:
hmmmm..... very possible. I'm looking for somewhere to dive this weekend. The princess, too! But to get there Friday before the silting begins would be really nice.
Oops! I didn't mean to imply that the Princess will be there. (She might, I mean, I wouldn't stop her, but I have no idea if she'll grace Gilboa with her presence next weekend, too.)

-Rob

rab:
Oops! I didn't mean to imply that the Princess will be there. (She might, I mean, I wouldn't stop her, but I have no idea if she'll grace Gilboa with her presence next weekend, too.)

-Rob
:D
She would definitely consider it.

Paula mentioned that because she and I were talking where we were diving next weekend. Unfortunately, I most likely would NOT be able to abscond on Friday. But I do like poor vis :11: . (Sick puppy, I know)

BTW - Does anyone know if Mike got his Nitrox bank up/running and what mix he's banking?

skyking:
BTW - Does anyone know if Mike got his Nitrox bank up/running and what mix he's banking?

I was there in April and he was still doing partial pressure he didnt even mention about putting in nitrox banks at that time. as of april you could get any mix you wanted.

gtxl1200:
I was there in April and he was still doing partial pressure he didnt even mention about putting in nitrox banks at that time. as of april you could get any mix you wanted.

Some of us talked with him during the last meet/greet and he said by June he wanted to put a bank online and was trying to decide which mix but was leaning towards 36% then partial-pressure filling the rest. May have changed his mind - his perrogative(sp?).

I know Mike has said that he plans to separate regular Grade E air from Grade OCA fills and charge more for OCA. Of course, if he banked EAN40 he'd get the MOD right for the shallow side and could get anything down to EAN21 by blending/topping with OCA. Then again, he could bank EAN30 and be reasonably safe for the deep side (MOD 140ft). (I'm feeling too lazy to figure the BT for these mixes on the shallow side, but the EADs would be about 45ft and 60ft, respectively.) Then he'd only need O2 for richer mixes and could charge accordingly.

-Rob

P.S. I may have found a contract job today so I hope that I'll still be able to be off on Friday... figures!

IT would figure that the first 'Free' weekend I have is Father's day...and that I just got a call saying the sofa my wife ordered will be ready for pick-up Sat. AM...so it looks like this weekend is Booked. The next free weekend appears to be July 23. My gear is probably infested with dry-rot by now from all this heat we're having....

Back
Top Bottom