GI bill and SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still think zero to hero is bad idea. Keep diving, seems like your experience is warm water.

Now that your retired travel and dive. Come up north get a bunch of dives in in colder low VIZ as well. Get as much experience in different conditions as you can. Then go for your Pro stuff.

I have also dove in CA and WA, plus working down in Antarctica for 3 years Winfly-end of Summer.. Cold doesn't bother me.
I am still taking things slow (esp because $ has taken a nosedive), so I do understand your concern about 0-hero (which is not what the course is called, it's what I've been interrupted by other divers/talked over and they've said it when I try to describe the course.
So since it looks like going to NZ and studying much less seeing my fiance', isn't going to happen....
I just keep struggling and taking things slow.
I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to me. It means a lot. Thank you.

One option is look at SDI reimbursement for your specialities. There are blocks they will pay you back for. Agency doesn't matter for the recreational so do a lot of checking and find an instructor that will teach you well not just the standards but actually teach good diving.

I’ll be going through SDI for my tech training when I do that eventually. Good luck with everything!

AN, DP, helitrox.

I filed for an extension on my deliminiting date so I can get CCR class covered as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom