Getting rid of the EOS swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer is correct.

Although my LDS was told that there was a 7 ft swivel hose available for the EOS, the one that was shipped did not fit the EOS.

I can't help you with the Hollis question. If you haven't already, you might try the Hollis forum, questions there seem to be answered quickly.

In spite of the "cone of silence" on this issue, I do like the EOS and the swivel.

It was actually a reply on the Hollis board that sent me here... Maybe they'll elaborate there... They're usually pretty good about at least providing the specifications on hardware, but here I can't even identify the size and threading they used...

I talked to a friend of mine who is a Hollis dealer, and he said I would have to change out all the internals in my EOS to Hollis spec'd parts from the 212 second stage, in order to get it to use a standard hose. I'm attending an Oceanic reg tech seminar in January, hopefully I can get an answer on the issue by then.

Just a thought, but if you are going to make an adapter to get rid of the swivel, how about making one that is a heat sink as well, like those on Apex/Legend etc.

Let's please try to keep the thread focused on the single issue it raises, which is an adapter to attach a standard hose to an Oceanic/Aeris/Hollis (are they the same or different? it isn't clear...) second stage that came with a swivel hose... There was an adapter mentioned by Oceanic some months ago, but no updates since, so one would think we're due...

Just bumping the thread, since the Oceanic folks are now back from Dema and so hopefully can address these questions which have been outstanding for more than six months.

Any word yet? I too am stuck looking for an adapter and/or a solution other than ordering a 7ft hose from Oceanic that turns out to not fit. Slightly frustrating, especially when the most promising information was from a post almost a year old.

Back
Top Bottom