Getting Ow Certified In Cebu (or Close By)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malibulucy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post so please be kind. I will cross post this in the newbie forum also but thought it may fit in here also. I am visiting Cebu and the surrounding islands in the coming weeks and would like to try and get my OW dive certification. I have tried diving before in Italy but panicked and freaked out, mainly I think because visibility was poor and I was just not comfortable. I love swimming and snorkelling and would really like to try again with the diving but obviously with my history would like to choose wisely. I want someone who is going to take the time with me and not rush me, who can explain things properly to me and most of all who can help me relax. I would welcome any recommendations on places as I find there are so many online it is hard to know where to start. I will be mainly in the south of the island so would like to get my certificate there before I head off anywhere else, Oslob apol island, siqiojor, dumagete, Bohol are all possibilities if anyone has any specific sites that would be great. The sooner the better as I leave for Cebu tomorrow so would be looking to start maybe at the weekend if space permits

Lucy

Ocean Safari Philippines in Moalboal.
Taxi from the airport to Southern Bus Terminal. Bus to Moalboal and tricycle to Panagsama Beach. The shop is right next to the basketball court. Stay at Eve's Kiosk which is next door unless you want sea view.

Thank you so much. I am further south near oslob so looking at a couple of places in dumnaguete to get my certificate then I can maybe do a dive in moalboal. Will bear that in mind for heading up that way

Was in Cebu about 3 weeks ago. Moalboal was great. One piece of advice is when you walk out of Cebu airport, they will try to convince you to take a cab. They told me it was only a tiny bit more than the bus. Turns out the bus was only like 5 bucks to the southern tip of the island and was much more comfortable than the $65 cab ride.

Lucy,

I will be in Cebu area, and ready to dive on the 14th. If you would like someone to dive with, send me a message.

Also, here is a video about Harold's Mansion in Dumaguete:

Crawdaddy thanks for that. All being well I should just have passed on the 14th so will keep your offer in mind. I am going to a place called liquid in dumaguete to do it, just waiting on my confirmation. The video was great thank you :)

Malibulucy see if you can complete your last two dives on Apo Island.. Like Crawdaddy did..
I bet you will be glad you did..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom