getting old sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
. . . keep your trim and miss the octopus; or spot the octopus and look like a doofus. Hmmm.

what ever works best for you :D...considering how much I enjoy watching octos....I wouldn;t mind looking like a doofus :wink:

Thanks everbody for the feed back and the support...it did get me thinking. Top side I take my glasses that I wear for distance off to read the close up stuff. Most of the time I sit infront of the computer w/o glasses. UW I don't have that luxury...that bi focals would be the way to go....Well I have an appointment on Thrusday, lets see what the doc has to say.

BTW I second what Pedge
c_services_bci_pinkrib.jpg
and ronbeau say...taking care before it's too late...is the best cure.

Guess getting old isn't bad after all.

Went to the eye doctor today, my close up vision it 20/25, still good ...but my far vision has improved - so my mask is no longer working for me because it is too strong :D

I guess that means you're not getting older, you're getting better!

justleesa:

Went to the eye doctor today, my close up vision it 20/25, still good ...but my far vision has improved - so my mask is no longer working for me because it is too strong :D
well thats great news,congrats to you, and now i dont feel so bad saying,i am 44 and still have 20/15 in both eyes wooooo hooooo

justleesa:

That happened to me also. My eye doctor said ( as we all know ) that is what happens when you get " Older ". But which way it goes cannot be deterimined. Which is why he would never recommend any type of surgery. I use the bifocal pieces that you find in the dive shop to read my gauges. The best part about them is, they can be removed and reused again.

I use mono vision contacts...one eye sees close, the other distance. The work great for regular diving but can be challenging for photography. To use my camera viewfinder, I need my close contact, well since I do change eyes on occasion...one is all blurred and usually the most comfortable to view with

jim ernst:
well thats great news,congrats to you, and now i dont feel so bad saying,i am 44 and still have 20/15 in both eyes wooooo hooooo

Like the plant said in the movie Little Shop of Horrors, "You'll get yours"

I enjoyed my 40th birthday party over 22 years ago. I drank a few beers with my friends and went to bed. Had a hangover when I woke up (up to then I could drink like a fish with no adverse results). Then I tried to read the morning newspaper. Couldn't see a thing. Talk about fast - it's like a little voice whispered in my ear "time to shift to a lower gear bubba". Went out and bought my first pair of reading glasses and learned to drink less. Have only been diving for six years and am totally obsessed. I hope I can dive until ........

nyprrthd:
Momentary note of seriousness...... These folks can do just about anything you need as far as prescription lenses for your mask; and can put lenses in any two-window mask that you may have: http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com/

They'll also put reader inserts into a full window mask.

I will second the plug for prescriptiondivemasks.com
Great people, great service
Waiting for my second mask from them. I think the readers make me look sexy. :D

justleesa:
what ever works best for you :D...considering how much I enjoy watching octos....I wouldn;t mind looking like a doofus :wink:

Thanks everbody for the feed back and the support...it did get me thinking. Top side I take my glasses that I wear for distance off to read the close up stuff. Most of the time I sit infront of the computer w/o glasses. UW I don't have that luxury...that bi focals would be the way to go....Well I have an appointment on Thrusday, lets see what the doc has to say.

BTW I second what Pedge
c_services_bci_pinkrib.jpg
and ronbeau say...taking care before it's too late...is the best cure.

I've never let someone else's opinion of how I look get in the way of me doing what I want to do - so I'm with justleesa here. If doofusism is in the eye of the beholder, that's the beholder's problem in my perspective.

Actually BEING a doofus is another matter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom