Getting my Smart Pro replaced.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omicron once bubbled...
...Air Z's in exchange for the Smart computers...we pretty much refused outright...how on earth am I going to trust one that transmits tank pressure via radio?
The Smart computers have a software problem, not a hardware problem. They are new computers with a different algorithm. The AirZ, Nitrox and ZO2 have been around for years and work well. Including the radio transmitter. Transmission can be interrupted, but usually comes back after a couple of seconds. They also can be used without a transmitter (they just don't show pressure, RBT etc.).:rolleyes:

Irregardless...I've come to have a huge distrust of all Scubapro gear. Too many failures, pieces of junk, etc...

I just have no desire whatsoever to dive one of their computers again.

well as long as the price to upgrade isn't outrageous I will probably get the Air Z Nitrox.

You shouldn't have to pay anything for the upgrade...that's what they offered to me and several of my friends.

But I had the Smart Pro Wrist not the Smart Com. The Air Z Nitrox is about twice the price of my smart pro. I would love to have it for no extra charge but I won't hold my breath over that one.

I had the smart pro console and traded evenly for an aladin pro ultra, datatrak mouse, and a compass, my friend had the smart.com and traded even for the air z nitrox, all from our lds.

You can also work out a trade/exchange directly with scubapro, you dont have to go through LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom