Getting my Smart Pro replaced.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone talked to Uwatec about getting their recalled computer replaced with a different model. It is is really going to take 90+ days to replace the thing then my dive season is shot since I don't own a drysuit. I think it would fair if they offered to sell me something like an Air Z Nitrox for the whole sale difference since all of their other nitrox compatible wrist computers cost a fair amount less than my Smart Pro.

Am I asking too much? Do you think that would even be possible?

From what I've heard that's the deal. They mess up and you, the end user (as usual), get screwed. MAYBE the LDS where you bought the computer will let you borrow a rental. That's a BIG maybe, but if you have a very good relationship with them...who knows? I know a few people pretty well at my LDS of choice due to all the business I've brougt in over the years. I'm pretty certain I could borrow a computer for a little while if I needed to. Give it a shot. ZG

As I heard in EU you will get aladin pro for the time your smart will be in repair. But:confused:

Does anyone have a customer service phone number for Uwatec where I can yell at, I mean talk to a live person?

I just found this link regarding a Uwatec recall from last summer.

http://www.recalls.org/sport138.html

It has a toll free number but I haven't tried calling yet. I'll be all over it tomorrow to give them the results of my personal customer satisfaction survey.

There is no reason for a 90 day turn around on a recall. That's total BS and I hope enough divers let them know about it.

Alan

aepstein once bubbled...

There is no reason for a 90 day turn around on a recall. That's total BS and I hope enough divers let them know about it.

Alan

The reason for the long return time is because UWATEC does not even have the new Smart computers yet and they won't get them until next month. I know that they are allowing people to upgrade to the AIR Z Nitrox (which I did) but I'm not entirely sure of the cost.

How did you get the chance to upgrade? I am hoping that I can do the same if the cost is reasonable.

You can upgrade during this recall, you just have to ask! Call scuba pro and tell them what you would like to do and they will accomadate.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
Has anyone talked to Uwatec about getting their recalled computer replaced with a different model. It is is really going to take 90+ days to replace the thing then my dive season is shot since I don't own a drysuit. I think it would fair if they offered to sell me something like an Air Z Nitrox for the whole sale difference since all of their other nitrox compatible wrist computers cost a fair amount less than my Smart Pro.

Am I asking too much? Do you think that would even be possible?

Actually, a group of us were offered Air Z's in exchange for the Smart computers...we pretty much refused outright. If they can't get a basic AI computer correct, how on earth am I going to trust one that transmits tank pressure via radio?

Back
Top Bottom