Getting info for possible California trip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The water in Socal will be in the 60’s and Monterey will be in the 50’s, do yeah it sounds like a drysuit (frysuit in my case) is the the only option.
Maybe look into a Bare brand neoprene drysuit from Leisure Pro.
If it doesn’t work you can always send it back.
It’s true. I am a cold water wimp. Hope you seasoned cold water divers won’t be too embarrassed to be seen with me. :(

I planned to try and go as cheap as (reasonably) possible but the more I read and spoke with others the less pleased I was with my choices. So looks like it will be the AL Fusion Fit. Should dive very similarly to the crushed neoprene I trained with but hopefully not as bulky and a women’s cut. My other was not and I swore never again.

Now its on to undergarments...

Update.

First of all a big thank you for the truly helpful info and offers of assistance.

My LDS finally contacted me with a quote for the Aqualung Fusion suits and I think it is a very reasonable offer. We plan to order, Bullet for him and Fit for me. Plan to also get a quote on the boots (Fusion vs Evo 4?) and a p valve for Eric.

In the meantime, I got a too good to refuse trip to Bonaire in October so that put me back to the original 2020 date and its probably a good idea. This will give us plenty of time to get use to the new suit and not completely embarrass myself when I finally get to dive with you guys!

Will either revive or start a new thread when I am ready to start making reservations for next fall.

Back
Top Bottom