Getting HP Steel fills to rated pressure in South Florida area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops:
PSI states fill rates of 300-600 psi/min are fine provided the final fill pressure is "correct" at 70f/21c. It's not any different than when I take my tanks to work in the trunk of my car when I'm going straight from work to a night dive. They get warm (maybe 120-130 if it's real hot) and read about 3900. Is that bad for my tanks?? Of course not. Otherwise I wouldn't see all the gas suppliers driving aroung with green O2 tanks in the back of their stake trucks soaking up the beautiful sun :)

So you'd fill a bone dry AL80 to 3000psi in 5 minutes? Maybe you would, but I'm uncomfortable filling that fast.

Probably nothing wrong with it at all. The numbers just seemed kinda high to me initially... thinking target pressure was 3442 and seeing 4000. Basically we were taught that if the tank is too hot to lay your hand on.. you're filling too fast. But though it's a dive shop, we don't fill in bulk. All the bulk fillers around here fill in water baths.

Hey guys, when I started this thread, I was just commenting on the fact that I have trouble at most fill shops getting my HP Steels filled to their rated pressure of 3442 psi - cold. Fill Express is awesome, and I always go their for my Nitrox fills. I just like getting my tanks filled at Divers Direct for $2.00 per tank :D for beach dives.

SFL_diver:
Hey guys, when I started this thread, I was just commenting on the fact that I have trouble at most fill shops getting my HP Steels filled to their rated pressure of 3442 psi - cold. Fill Express is awesome, and I always go their for my Nitrox fills. I just like getting my tanks filled at Divers Direct for $2.00 per tank :D for beach dives.
When I am in a shop that I don't frequent much, I point out that the tank is rated at 3442 psi. They have always responded in the positive to that bit of info

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom