Getting GF into diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way I see it...you have to have passion for scuba..and it helps if your buddy is on the same level. One may just want to dive on vacations..while the other is more determined to keep up skill year round. I am lucky to have a buddy that is on the same passion level....it helps us in our relationship and in our diving.

So no matter what sport you may want to share with your g/f...don't just do it for them...you can tell the difference in someone who is not as passionate about it.

Excitement can be catching. I know that my buddy and b/f loves my passion for this and it made his experiences that much better. His first look at me on my first dive vacation in clear blue water was priceless. He was more excited to see my enthusiam than to be there himself! (well..it was Bonaire...so maybe equally exciting! LOL)

Good luck...i have been wanting to dive for years...i was lucky enough to find an awesome buddy!

DrySuitDave:
Next time you have a romatic moment, maybe after some physical intimacy, just hold her close and cuddle with her, then tell her in a quite retrospective voice that sometimes you worry that your enthusiasm in trying to get her to try new things like diving can turn her off, tell her you are just sorta clumsy about some things but the beauty of underwater life is just so incredible, and the experience of being able to view it so wonderous, you just can't imagine not being able to be with her and share life beauty together.....

Wow, this man is a GENIUS! I not only just fell in love, I think I'm going to re-certify!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom