Getting Forced to Bottom of Page while in Forums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see this thread!

I have been ignoring it and have started to wean myself off of SB because it makes it close to unusable!

I wonder how many people are experiencing this and never say anything, or just go away...

BadAd.jpg

It seems ok now.

Since I do not use Chrome the Chrome comment did not help me. I did try to find the equivalent on Firefox but no joy.

Note: Based on your advice, I have now enabled Adblock Plus for Firefox; thanks for that suggestion!

You installed ad blocking software based on advice from the guy in charge of selling ads for SB?

[video=youtube;XF2ayWcJfxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo[/video]

I wonder how many people are experiencing this and never say anything, or just go away...

Based on statistical data with the daily traffic and number of posts on the site... not that many people.

If I am supposed to know which ad that is based on your screenshot. I have no idea. As previously stated, there are more than 150,000 possible Google ads that appear on scubaboard. Each google ad is customized for an individual user by Google.

If you're getting ads you don't like, you can do one of several things.

1) You can clear your cookies, and you'll get different ads.
2) You can click on the little blue thing that looks like a line arrow (the Ad Choices) icon at the top right of any google ad, and tell them you don't like that ad, and then you won't see it anymore.
3) You can become a supporting member, support this site directly, and shut off the Google Ads.

If anyone else wants to provide specific links to URL's of offending ads, I can do something. Otherwise, there's nothing else for me to do.

Thanks.

Howard,

Back on my windows machine today. I did not do anything, but the problem is fixed! Thank you so much!

And, reading the other posts, it was that "greenies" ad that was always playing when the throw down happened. None of the other ads in that square box seem to trigger it.

Very much appreciate your effort on vacation to fix this.

I am looking into becoming a supporting member. Not just to avoid any ads (I really don't mind them as long as they don't affect the site and I know they bring revenue), but because this Board is worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom