Getting Forced to Bottom of Page while in Forums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the screen shot when I "inspect element" of the screen/scroller grabbing graphics box...over the last 15 minutes it has pointed to at least five different advertisers....
inspect element code of the screen scroller grabbing box on scubaboard.jpg

greenie animation just pulled me down too
Screenshot.jpg

...and finally, it turns out this thing is browser dependent on my Windows 8.1 machine: Happens every time using Chrome (Version 45.02454.85 (64 bit); doesn't happen at all using Internet Explorer 11

I can't actually read anything in those screenshots, but you're saying it's video ads that appear to "take control of your browser"?

...and finally, it turns out this thing is browser dependent on my Windows 8.1 machine: Happens every time using Chrome (Version 45.02454.85 (64 bit); doesn't happen at all using Internet Explorer 11

It also happens with Firefox. It has been happening for at least a few days now. I have not heard the random audio bursts on the site today that I had been hearing for the past week or two; hopefully that bug is gone.

Best wishes.

To stop auto playin ads in Chrome:

Disabling autoplay videos and media in Chrome is simple. First of all you need to type "chrome://chrome/settings/content" into the URL bar. Then all you need to do is scroll down to the plug-in section, and select 'Let me choose when to run plugin content'.

I can't actually read anything in those screenshots, but you're saying it's video ads that appear to "take control of your browser"?

Hi Howard,

Apparently when the video ad starts, it causes the page to scroll all the way to the bottom, where the video ad is. Trying to scroll back up to the thread results in the page "snapping" back down to the.... SHEEESH, it happended as I was typing this!! Anyway, it forces the page to snap-scroll back to the bottom, and this will continue for a few moments until the ad appears "satisfied"... DID IT AGAIN.... it has been seen.

If you just surf around the board for awhile, it will likely happen to you, and you'll see what we mean.

Best wishes

Edit: I just clicked on the add that did it just now, here is the link, if that helps at all:

“Miley Stole My Look!” Says Cat. | Celeb Moments

Ok.

Out of the 100,000 + ads that run on SB via Google, I can't block any without knowing either the ad network or the advertiser.

I don't see the ads that you (the broad sense of you - meaning anyone else) see. You see ads tailored for you, based on your interests.

I'm on vacation, and done attending to this for today. I will look at this tomorrow.

Thanks.

Greenie just got me again and I am running Firefox on Linux Mint.

I will try to capture the frame information when it happens again.

Greenie just got me again and I am running Firefox on Linux Mint.

I will try to capture the frame information when it happens again.

Same here on Chrome in Windows 8.

Renders SB absolutely unusable.

I'm on vacation, and done attending to this for today.

256,874 registered users eagerly await your return.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom