Getting a little round in the middle....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[
@JamesBon92007 Not trying to poke my nose where it doesn't belong, but how much water do you consume on a daily basis? I know for me personally, I can change the way I eat and like you the weight just doesn't seem to come off. But if I essentially drown my metabolism in water, I can lose weight fast. I think it's something like 1/2 oz of water for every lb of weight. That's around a gallon of water a day for me. Which results in lots of wasted time at work due to restroom trips.:facepalm:

I used to know exactly how much water I drank when I was living alone. I had a 1/2 gallon bottle that I emptied twice a day, plus other beverages such as fruit juice and a cup or two of coffee. It's not so easy to keep track of now but I never go anywhere without a bottle of water but I'd bet it's pretty close to what it was. I went to a gastro-intestinal doctor and he did a colonoscopy and told me I have a "pseudo-blockage." Well, it's extremely rare and basically your intestines behave as though there is a blockage (swollen intestines) but there isn't. I'm about as regular as anyone can get. Anyway, if my intestines are swollen and only have air (i.e. gas) in them then that would not account for the weight gain. Besides that, it's so rare that there's hardly any information available and no known cause in particular and each case is different. The rarity alone makes me doubt his diagnosis. His physician assistant suggested that it might be caused by nerve damage. Well, if I do actually have it then at least that could make some sense because I have/had some nerve damage in my back which I had corrected (hopefully) about two weeks ago. So far I seem to have dropped about four pounds but time will tell. I also have a loss of feeling in my left foot and I immediately noticed some improvement but from what I've read each nerve in your spine serves a different part of the body so that is not making a lot of sense to me. I still have a couple of other bad spots in my spine so maybe one of those is the culprit.

I am nothing but supportive to my fellow divers, even those who don't support themselves as they should.

Sorry, but your word choice and descriptions of people that do not fit into your ideas of preferred health lifestyle and body shape do not indicate a supportive attitude for anything but your own beliefs and suppositions. Before responding to your post cited above, I read, and re-read your posts to see if I would come away with a different viewpoint, but they sounded just as critical and judgmental as the first time I read them.

Read them one more time maybe you'll get a different impression.

I doubt it. Critical, judgmental, and at least a wee bit sarcastic/condescending.

I'm curious. Since you are so absolutely, definitely certain that everyone with a little weight/girth, without exception, that is not following your regime will have dire health consequenses, as in "Those who are expanding at a steady rate and trying to fit into triple XL dive skins, who most likely already suffer from a host of medical problems including systemic hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular issues. Moderation will not significantly change the outcome for such individuals, they need to make drastic changes to avoid the almost inevitable health crises that will occur in later years." what is your medical qualification, especially to diagnose with no actual examination? Don't know of a single (actual) physician that would be willing to do that.

@Adiron ==> Relagated to the ignore list.

Well I broke down and bought the ScubaPro Everflex Streamer in the 2XLS. After getting it home and trying it it is all most as tight as my XL Everflex. Not sure why but it has to go back. I do love the neck zipper. But I gotta find something that is snug but allows me to breath. May order a BARE and see how that fits

Well I broke down and bought the ScubaPro Everflex Streamer in the 2XLS. After getting it home and trying it it is all most as tight as my XL Everflex. Not sure why but it has to go back. I do love the neck zipper. But I gotta find something that is snug but allows me to breath. May order a BARE and see how that fits
I am roughly your size as well. Where I live it’s a lot of colder water so I opted for a custom drysuit. But when I was renting from my 2 local shops. One I would get a 2xl Bare velocity which was super comfy (7mm) but not quite warm enough( also short size would have been nice but hey it’s a rental ) the other deals with akona and for their farmer John I needed a 4x to be comfortable around my chest. The Akona had nowhere near the flexibility of the bare.
For my trips south I use a 3mm Bare shorty in 2x

Just me .02 wish some would keep their eat less comments to themselves. But that’s only my opinion

x2jnd1.jpg

Get the Bare Reactive. That Celiant stuff in the lining really makes a difference.

There is little doubt that the less fat you carry around the healthier you are and the better you will feel. If you are at a point in your life where you have to decide to go by your old weight benchmark or just adopt a larger one I believe you will be better off downsizing. People are not overweight because of the occasional pizza and cheesecake but rather from a chronic lack of self discipline.

Sometimes I will sit in the arrival area of my local airport and watch people as they exit the secure area. I realize that the majority of people passing by are overweight, and I am in the minority. For the last 50 years I have refused to buy larger pants and when things get critical I bite the bullet and cut back on intake.

This, of course, is just my opinion. I'm not attempting to change society. I do, though, like to see those around me enjoy a healthy, active, and happy life.

Back
Top Bottom