Get out your crayons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
Alcina,
I just wanted to see what others could do with the limited web size file - the RAW or TIFF was too big to thumbnail. If there is a way to get you the RAW let me know. I'd love to see what could be done with that. This is a rather bland picture which would show me the potential of other's talents and software - good to learn from.

That's what I thought you wanted, just checking! I don't think you can post a RAW file...too large. You should be able to send it via email if the other person's server didn't choke on the file size. Other than that, I am thinking good ol' post on a CDRW.

I love to see what others can do with an image...you're right...so much to learn!!

alcina:
I love to see what others can do with an image...you're right...so much to learn!!
I hope some others will play with the image, especially those who have a lot of experience. I just kept using different tools on the pic until I got the end result - that's what took me so long. I wouldn't think it would take someone near as long if they knew their software. If anyone does not have the time to play with the picture, maybe they can share some techniques for bland pics like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually I like the pic with just the green hue to it... kinda reminds me of what it is.. Green murky water, atlthough vis looks pretty darn good there...
I just adjusted the Color levels, left it greenish (heheheh.. no other colors right?) and felt it was good to go...

fpoole:
Actually I like the pic with just the green hue to it... kinda reminds me of what it is.. Green murky water, atlthough vis looks pretty darn good there...
I just adjusted the Color levels, left it greenish (heheheh.. no other colors right?) and felt it was good to go...
Where is your picture? If your going to color with the rest of us you have to share :D . Actually the water was more like the adjusted picture than the green. It was my settings and the camera's programing that told the software that the water was green. I don't think I'd go in the water if it looked like that :D .

SeaYoda:
Where is your picture? If your going to color with the rest of us you have to share :D . Actually the water was more like the adjusted picture than the green. It was my settings and the camera's programing that told the software that the water was green. I don't think I'd go in the water if it looked like that :D .

Sorry 'bout that, çouldn't see the attachment upload and also figured it was much different than the orginal, up here the water, although not quite as green as the pic, but not recolored - a little contrast is all, can,does,will get pretty murky..
5-10-20'max or less..
the 2nd pic was on a good day.
Strobes weren't firing, so went natural light... I think it's different and kinda kewl..
Anyway, that's what I tell my self when strobes aren't firing... Wet plug bulkheads, not good.. finally switched to dry plugs.. mucho better...

I always complain about the vis here because its not as clear as Justleesa or Gilligan have it. You can come join me in my pool for a relatively clear dive anytime. Meanwhile, I'll try to enjoy the view here more!

SeaYoda:
I always complain about the vis here because its not as clear as Justleesa or Gilligan have it. You can come join me in my pool for a relatively clear dive anytime.

LOL... yah, I could use a nice clear day.. we have them, but they're the exception.. have to go to our great friends in the north, Canada... the vis gets better the further north you go to 150+ in Port Hardy... heheh.. but down in Seattle Town?? Whoof.. not too good on an average...
I was trying to find a shot that would impress everyone of the vis,... couldn't find one so here's an average plus day..

Not a pool, but maybe one that hasn't been cleaned lately?? Uck....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom