Get from cruise ship to AKR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My buddy and I are taking our non-diving wives on their annual shopping spree (oops, I mean vacation) this winter. :D

Anyway, one of the ports the ship stops in is Roatan, and we were thinking of spending the day there.

Is there any easy transportation from the pier (Carnival if it matters) to AKR?

Also, how is the snorkeling and shore diving at the resort? Ideally, we'd like somthing like Buddy Dive on Bonaire, where you can grab a tank, go for a dive, come back, hang out on the beach or in a lawn chair, do a little snorkeling, dive again, etc.

AKR offers a couple of boat dives thought the ship, however we don't want to just ditch the wives and take off on a boat, so beach/shore dives would work out better.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Terry

Not much beach at AKR...you would do better to go to West Bay / West End
http://www.micktravels.com/honduras/westbay.html....they have a nice beach and some shopping nearby and you can use one the ops there

Here is a detailed report from a poster on the D2D board Diving Roatan With Coconut Tree Divers May 2006

I have heard that coconut Tree Divers is a good op Coconut Tree Divers - Roatan, Honduras

no shore diving to speak of there either..Coco View is the best place for shore diving...but nothing for the non diving spouses to do

Have fun

Not much beach at AKR...you would do better to go to West Bay / West End
http://www.micktravels.com/honduras/westbay.html....they have a nice beach and some shopping nearby and you can use one the ops there

. . .

no shore diving to speak of there either..Coco View is the best place for shore diving...but nothing for the non diving spouses to do

Have fun

Thanks!

Terry

My buddy and I are taking our non-diving wives on their annual shopping spree (oops, I mean vacation) this winter. :D

Anyway, one of the ports the ship stops in is Roatan, and we were thinking of spending the day there.

Is there any easy transportation from the pier (Carnival if it matters) to AKR?

Also, how is the snorkeling and shore diving at the resort? Ideally, we'd like somthing like Buddy Dive on Bonaire, where you can grab a tank, go for a dive, come back, hang out on the beach or in a lawn chair, do a little snorkeling, dive again, etc.

AKR offers a couple of boat dives thought the ship, however we don't want to just ditch the wives and take off on a boat, so beach/shore dives would work out better.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Terry

They are a contractor for Carnival and if you sign up to dive they will pick you up and the wives can do the dolphin encounter or go to the west end by cab from AKR 2 dollars one way! Or have a cab take you to BIBR for Shore dives in Spooky Channel and still 2 dollars to west end for shopping!

They are a contractor for Carnival and if you sign up to dive they will pick you up and the wives can do the dolphin encounter or go to the west end by cab from AKR 2 dollars one way! Or have a cab take you to BIBR for Shore dives in Spooky Channel and still 2 dollars to west end for shopping!

Thanks!

Terry

AKR also owns a place calls Fins and Flippers which is right across from the cruise ship landing. No diving but there is plenty of snorkeling off of that island. They run a ferry back and forth from coxen hole, where the cruise ship lands.

AKR also owns a place calls Fins and Flippers which is right across from the cruise ship landing. No diving but there is plenty of snorkeling off of that island. They run a ferry back and forth from coxen hole, where the cruise ship lands.

Very cool.

Thanks!

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom