German Coast Guard - 'WE ARE SINKING!' video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6:
This is part of what I don't like about scubaboard, its too, well there is too much censorship and its crap, one person gets upset and it becomes a rule, everyone here is too sensitive and they need to suck it the hell up and live in the real world where things are not perfect, I would like to say what I really feel but the amount of censorship on this board leaves me opressed.

I think its funny, anyone who doesn't, then just go away, I feel sorry for people that get offended over every little thing, their lives must be horrible with everything getting under their skin all the time.

If I've offended anyone, then good, grow up.

censorship sucks, ok I'm done whining, please enjoy the video it is funny and I do not find it offensive, so people, take a deeeeeep breath, relax, sit back and have a laugh, its suppose to be funny, do it with me breath in deeeeeeep breath, hold it... hold it... let it out slow... relax.... thats it... don't we all feel better now?

Oh man... This is a beautiful rant. You've elevated it to an art form. Seriously. Hats off to you! :)

FIXXERVI6:
Good cause it seamed to me your fishing for reaction

You seemed to have a sense of humor and I thought you might have a funny come back.....my mistake, or are the jokes ok as long as there at someone else's expense

cdiver2:
You seemed to have a sense of humor and I thought you might have a funny come back.....my mistake, or are the jokes ok as long as there at someone else's expense

yea I have a sense of humor but the mods are watching so I have to keep it on the low down, I get it, I'm just laughing on the inside, if it were not from the "big brother is watching" and such maybe I would have a funny come back, but I don't, and the joke isn't at my expense, I crack on TX all the time, so much so I usually piss off a lot of Texans, but I can't do that on SB, I'll get smacked down because someone will become offended.

I have thick skin so joke all you want about TX, I'll have my chuckle but not on here, someone may not like that I laughed at a joke about TX, and as far as the steers comment, I always thought that was a ... nah nah see I almost said it and someone would get upset so I hold my lips.

My fiance is German...and she couldn`t stop laughing...it was great....now if they had one for the rest of the people with language barriers....see ya` under

FIXXERVI6:
yea I have a sense of humor but the mods are watching so I have to keep it on the low down, I get it, I'm just laughing on the inside, if it were not from the "big brother is watching" and such maybe I would have a funny come back, but I don't, and the joke isn't at my expense, I crack on TX all the time, so much so I usually piss off a lot of Texans, but I can't do that on SB, I'll get smacked down because someone will become offended.

I have thick skin so joke all you want about TX, I'll have my chuckle but not on here, someone may not like that I laughed at a joke about TX, and as far as the steers comment, I always thought that was a ... nah nah see I almost said it and someone would get upset so I hold my lips.

I can go with that. My sense of humor is wacky to say the least and I do feel shackled a lot on the board. My wife (American) and I have been married 5 years and she is just getting used to it now.
You would think as adults we could accept things in the humor section as just that humor. Every race has its funny oddities.

FIXXERVI6:

Big Hat, No Cattle. :D
and I thought that "and I don't see no horns on you" line came from Stripes.

That was FUNNY!

Thanks, I needed zat.

Sea ya!

C'mon, guys. Discrimination? Nah. Not even pejorative, though I admit it depends on the recipient. At the most, it's poking some very gentle humor.

As a fluent German speaker who's lived a total of ten years in Germany (despite my Polish ancestry), I thought the clip was hilarious.

Yes, Berlitz is a huge foreign-language instruction company, based at least in Germany, Austria, and German-speaking Switzerland. I'd bet the lion's share of their business is teaching English. I do wonder whether this is a genuine ad of theirs (can anyone living in Germany comment?), but it wouldn't surprise me.

And yes, there is a "German Coast Guard."

And for what it's worth, at least one German didn't think the clip to be offensive, according to his blog. His entry for February 25 says, "Advanced English... [the clip] is a scream!" Indeed.

Again, you German guys... what do you think?

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom