GEO vs VEO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsnweed

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to the hobby and will be finishing my open ocean cert today. I have been looking a the VEO 2.0 but also saw the GEO line and was wondering what the difference was between the two. I am new so I my not be picking up on the differences. I plan on doing Nitrox diving in the future, so i would want my future computer to be able to calculate for that.

Thanks for any info.

Jason

First Congratulations! I actually own both the Geo 2.0 and Veo 2.0 . The biggest technical difference is the Veo only does 1 gas mixes were the geo 2.0 can do 2 gas mixes. This means if you are using another tank for deco stop you can take that mix into account on the computer. Biggest non-techincal difference is the size. I love my Geo 2.0 for travel I were it as my wrist watch when I go diving and traveling. If you have any specific questions to ask feel free :-D

I am new to the hobby and will be finishing my open ocean cert today. I have been looking a the VEO 2.0 but also saw the GEO line and was wondering what the difference was between the two. ....

Hi, you can use our Dive Research Tool to compare all Oceanic Dive Computers

Additionally, we have online classes for both the Geo and Geo 2.0 ... lots of videos to show the computer in action.

We plan to release the class for the Veo 2.0 early next month.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hey all, I wanted to resurrect this thread as I have the same question. Unfortunately Dive Computer Training won't let me compare the Veo 3.0 and Geo 2.0 side by side. Does anyone know what the difference between these two models is? They have the same MSRP, which makes it more confusing. I am a relatively new diver (25 dives) and am looking to get a wrist mounted computer to have a log of my dive info and to use at a glance underwater. I've narrowed it down to these two computers, but I cannot tell what the difference is between them.

Thanks in advance!

......Unfortunately Dive Computer Training won't let me compare the Veo 3.0 and Geo 2.0 side by side. .....
Why not?

Click HERE then select only the Veo 3.0 and Geo 2.0 for a side by side comparison :wink:

The Biggest difference is the form factor. The Geo 2.0 can be worn as a wrist watch which is very nice for travel. Veo is either mounted along with your SPG or worn on your wrist as a computer very bulky compared to the Geo 2.0 . If you would like I can provide a side by side picture of each on my wrist so you can get an idea of the size difference.

The Biggest difference is the form factor. The Geo 2.0 can be worn as a wrist watch which is very nice for travel. Veo is either mounted along with your SPG or worn on your wrist as a computer very bulky compared to the Geo 2.0 . If you would like I can provide a side by side picture of each on my wrist so you can get an idea of the size difference.

If you don't mind, that would be great. Thank you!

Sorry Leo I have been traveling I will get pictures up tonight.

Oceanic Worldwide has a PDF comparing their dive computers that may be helpful. It won't clarify size, though.

I use a VT3; I used to use an ATOM 1.0. Both are wrist computers; the VT3 larger than a watch, the ATOM with the watch form-factor. The VT3 has a larger display but the ATOM shows the time (like a watch) most of the time on land. The ATOM is way too expensive for me to wear around like a watch outside dive trips (and batteries don't last like a watch's do). From what others have posted, I'm thinking maybe the GEO vs. VEO size issue is somewhat similar?

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom