Genisis Atlas Regs Freeflow Problem??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaycanwk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been on a couple of dives now with brand new Genisis Atlas regs and twice now when I've gone into a thermocline (Georgien Bay, Ontario), I've had a 1st stage freeflow, at 90ft no less, on the same wreck!! Needless to say, I took them in for inspection after the 1st time and was given the ok but then a month later when I dove that same wreck.. bango...freeflow. So i'm taking them back again (they are still under warranty) and this time I'm considering asking for credit towards a differnt model or even brand. Has anyone had simmilar problems with that model or have I been unlucky enough to get a defect?? They are fine shallower above 55 degrees fht.

1st stage freeflow???? Maybe you mean primary second stage freeflow? Or secondary second stage freeflow? If you are referring to the second stage, did you try pushing the purge button, taking a breath or two from the reg, or positioning the reg mouthpiece down in the water? If your reg has a pre-dive/dive lever, try fiddling with that.

Furner:
1st stage freeflow???? Maybe you mean primary second stage freeflow? Or secondary second stage freeflow? If you are referring to the second stage, did you try pushing the purge button, taking a breath or two from the reg, or positioning the reg mouthpiece down in the water? If your reg has a pre-dive/dive lever, try fiddling with that.

Sorry, I should have clraified, It was a 1st stage freeflow.

Back
Top Bottom