Genesis versus Sea Elite manifold size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Do Genesis and Sea Elite manifolds measure the same distance, center to center? ie Would a set of bands that have been used with a Genesis manifold be able to be used with a new Sea Elite manifold?

*&%$ I just recently sold my Genesis manifold so I can't measure the exact distance from ctr to ctr on that one and the Sea Elite I now have on my doubles but, and this is only a guess, I would think that because both are adjustable that you would be able to get the same measurement ctr to ctr on either manifold.

Scott

Do you happen to know who the band manufacturer is? Highland, for instance, has a compatibility list HERE. It would help to know which tank you're using, too, as bands can be tank and manifold specific. Incidentally, Highland's 700 and 725 series bands (for Catalina and Luxfer AL80's) work with both Sea Elite and Genesis manifolds. So maybe that's some evidence that the two manifolds have very similar dimensions.

The bands in question were #725 Highlands that had been used with a Genesis manifold... but it is a moot point now - the bands were a used set in an eBay auction, and the auction price is now almost at a point where I can get a new set of RG Machine bands for the same or less. For the intended tanks, I can live with 2" bands versus 2.5" bands.

The Highlands website was a bit misleading or incomplete - I had already checked it out, but they just list a #725 "series", and have a note saying that a full model number consists of the series number and manifold name, so it wasn't clear if the #725/Genesis was going to be the same dimensions as #725/Sea Elite.

thanks anyway

Scubaroo

I put together a set of PST HP 100s using Highland #725 bands with a Dive Rite manifold. I believe the compatibility chart lists all the tanks and manifolds that will work with a particular band series. As long as the tanks and manifold you intend to use are listed with the Highland bands you want to use everything should fit together.

BTW I have no experience with the RG Machine bands you mentioned, but you can't go wrong with Highland bands.

Back
Top Bottom