Genesis Tank Knob Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tropicalwolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, my esteemed LDS broke the knob off my my scuba tank (it has a Genesis valve on it) and no, they did not offer to fix it.

So, simple simple, I order a new knob and replace it right? Oh, you would think so! The screw and square attachment point for the knob on a Genesis tank valve is just a smidge (sorry for the high-speed technical term there) bigger in diameter than other tank knobs. I tried swapping it out with the new knob and the knobs on two other tanks I own with no success.

Anyone else have this issue or know where I can find a cheap replacement knob that fits Genesis's bogus proprietary screw diameter?

Note: I am not opposed to rigging it somehow, since I am currently turning the air on-and-off with a pair of vice grips. (Note #2: I don't need a safety lecture, I've been diving for over 30 years).

Any legit help is GREATLY appreciated!

Well, my esteemed LDS broke the knob off my my scuba tank (it has a Genesis valve on it) and no, they did not offer to fix it.

So, simple simple, I order a new knob and replace it right? Oh, you would think so! The screw and square attachment point for the knob on a Genesis tank valve is just a smidge (sorry for the high-speed technical term there) bigger in diameter than other tank knobs. I tried swapping it out with the new knob and the knobs on two other tanks I own with no success.

Anyone else have this issue or know where I can find a cheap replacement knob that fits Genesis's bogus proprietary screw diameter?

Note: I am not opposed to rigging it somehow, since I am currently turning the air on-and-off with a pair of vice grips. (Note #2: I don't need a safety lecture, I've been diving for over 30 years).

Any legit help is GREATLY appreciated!
Yer gonna die if you use a vice-grip.

j/k. :)

Genesis Valve Handwheel

Edit:
Oooops. I didn't see the embedded link tbone provided. Sorry for the duplication.

Yer gonna die if you use a vice-grip.

j/k. :)

Genesis Valve Handwheel

Edit:
Oooops. I didn't see the embedded link tbone provided. Sorry for the duplication.

Thank you for your assistance as well! Namaste!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom