Genesis 2.2 vs Seacraft vs Magnus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jim:

We talked this over after the dive. He had difficulty holding his primary light with the hand he uses to operate the DPV, while in motion. Honestly, I think this is simply a technique that anyone needs to iron out when learning to use a DPV. He does use an Orca primary light with an odd shape goodman handle that differs from the rectangular shaped models from UWLD or LM lights. Maybe this makes it more difficult, but I am only speculating at this point.

O.

Thank you for clarifying the light handling. However he can motivate the SeaCraft with either trigger. It is not necessary to use both triggers at the same time. So he can have his light hand free when moving.
We ship the SeaCraft set to 2 hand steering. But he can go into setuo and change it to one hand steering. That way squeezing either trigger will operate the DPV.
There are other features possible with one hand steering such as double tap jump to 9 and back to the previous speed.
Maybe I still do not understand. However I can see using a Goodman handle on the same hand that he is squeezing the trigger could be difficult.

Thank you for report no test diving your friends SeaCraft.
It was not clear about right and left

“Buddy said he need to find a way to switch his hight from left to right hand as the center of the handle makes this difficult. “
I wonder if you could explain this comment? Maybe there is a solution.
Possibly related to this also:

Grabbing your thumb loop with your driving hand in a dir sense is complicated by the wide center display. I have adapted my technique by merely crossing a finger or two over the top of the display essentially steering with the top of of the display momentarily. It's rock solid. My thumb then is able to get through the thumb loop and the light stays pointed ahead while I do what ever I intended the left hand to do without inadvertently signaling or blinding anyone.

@Ouvea @QAQTAT , I am also a Seacraft retailer in Upstate NY, home of the 1000 Islands. Huntsdiveshop.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom