Geeze! It's cold out there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Man, temps are about 10 degrees here (very cold for KY) this morning. I realize that some may have it colder, but for a southern girl,....... IT'S COLD!!!!!!!!!:shocked2:

I'm soooooooooooo ready for warmer temps & more diving.:D

-16 this morning (feels like -38 with the wind chill according to the weather bug), gonna be great fun walking the dogs! Too cold apparently for the little kiddies to go to school since everything is closed. I wish that held true for work as well!!

I'm with you being ready for some clear blue water diving!

4 degrees this morning here in upstate New York, and it's expected to be 10 below tonight. It has already been a long winter and this is only mid Jan!

At least this year I'm getting out of here for a week. 9 days til Bonaire!!!

I am at a steady Zero degrees here in Southeast Michigan. But, for some reason, the cold is not bothering me. Why is that?

Oh yeah... I bought a drysuit in October and have been diving at least once a month since then.

Dove last weekend. Air temps... 20s. Snow on ground. Water temps 38 (although one computer did read 34).

It's really hard for me to complain about how cold it is and then start harassing my dive buddies to go in one more time. :D

It's like a disease - I can't give up scuba for the winter and as long as the one quarry doesn't have ice - I'm going in!

lol

PS - 9 days for this gal before Bonaire also!

Today the temp is -20 degrees and that was at 9am. Then there is the windchill on top of this.

I am so glad that we are moving this spring.

COLD COLD COLD - Canadian newspaper headlines the last couple of days. Most of us Canadians are rugged people..not me..I was in the St. Claire River (Sarnia) on January 4th..I only lasted 5 minutes even with my drysuit..I've had enough..BRRRRRRRRRR..5 1/2 weeks until Mexico..if I don't sucumb to sun deprivation and hang myself first.......(kidding of course)

I concur... cold. It's only going to be 60F today... Brrrrrr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom