Gear Storage on cruiseships ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Wife and I are doing the Kona Aggressor next June, so we'll have all our own gear with us. Then plan to do a 7 day cruise on Pride of America. Will be doing dives offered by NCL, does anyone know if they have secure storage for personal equipment
Trying to avoid hauling two sets back and forth to our cabin. BTW have done 6 Aggressor trips, but this will be first cruise. Thanks for any advice.
John

scubabear:
Hi, Wife and I are doing the Kona Aggressor next June, so we'll have all our own gear with us. Then plan to do a 7 day cruise on Pride of America. Will be doing dives offered by NCL, does anyone know if they have secure storage for personal equipment
Trying to avoid hauling two sets back and forth to our cabin. BTW have done 6 Aggressor trips, but this will be first cruise. Thanks for any advice.
John
No secure storage areas. I asked on my last cruise. I just hauled the gear to and from the cabins.

Matt

EDIT: I guess I should have added that my "last" cruise was on NCL. I called customer service ahead and they said no additional holds.

Matt

Hi,

Don't know about other cruise lines, but Royal Caribbean had no provision for gear storage (I specifically escalated the question in customer service as a diamond-level frequent cruiser to be sure ... they don't).

Do ask, but be prepared to keep the gear in your cabin. We were sure to have a balcony and bathtub to help with that ...

Cheers,
Walter

I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise also with diving in the Keys the following week. No where but in your cabin to store your gear.

You can get is under the bed if you have a "low profile" bag or take some stuff out of the bag. The cabins are small. We just stacked our stuff in the corner.

BTW.... don't expect a nice big tub to rinse stuff in either. Unless you have a more expensive room.

As was said before, try and get a balcony. We did this a few months ago, and it wasn't bad at all with a balcony, but it woulda sucked otherwise.

balconies cost $$$ more than the average room.

I can live with a smaller room and save a thousand bucks to spend while on the cruise.

You might be surprised. On many ships, they have so many balconies they aren't all that much more than a standard oceanview cabin. And they do make gear storage much nicer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom