Gear rinsing in the shower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I soak my regs for a few hours (sometimes overnight) in water that starts out warm, if only because there's more water pressure with both cold and hot going at the same time.

I leave the rest of my gear in a tub for an hour or so, also in warm water (for the same reason), before taking everything out to dry.

Pete is right warm water is just fine for rinsing gear. I store my gear in Action packers and haul them to the dive site. When home I just fill them with water and rise everything.

I wouldn't (don't) use hot water on my regulators.

Then stay away from my favorite shore dive in Roatan. I've had my thingie hit 95 degrees. ....and if you've ever had your thingie hit 95 degrees, you would know what I'm talking about!

Hope that wasn't Celsius. (Especially as I can't spell Fahrenheit)

I use a bathtub personally & just set the stuff in there----frees me up to go golfing.......

I will sometimes walk straight from the beach right into my shower with all my gear on. After standing under the shower for a few minutes (& yes the water is hot), I start taking my gear off. Then I use my portable showerhead to make sure that I get into every nook & cranny. I'll also often leave the shower on for a while or fill the tub & let it all soak.

Warm water in the tub with a touch of Johnson's Baby Shampoo has always worked well for me.

BDSC

This all sounds like a lot of fun, can we have group showers?

Why do you put your gear into a hot water?

Need "Soak", NOT "SAUNA"

I am using simple tap water.

After I make a dive in the local lake, I make another dive to rinse the gear off. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom