Gear Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seeboth:
Yes I know, and I'm sorry about the writing quality. I guess my english minor doesn't kick in while I'm on vacation.

Then get it to kick in if you want to be taken seriously.

My guess is we're going to hear the "Don't be mean to me, I'm dyslexic" excuse in about ...3...2...1

No offense, but seriously, your posts are hard to read my man. Capital letters to start a sentence, commas to allow the reader a pause or start a sub-sentence and periods to close it off. Please make it easy on yourself, it is a tough crown out there...

No, seriously I'm sorry I was typing as I was. I guess I just didn't realize how confusing it was. Most forums like this aren't so picky about typing, but that's no excuse.
I am also sorry this thread is so off subject now.
I was merely wondering why some one would post disrespectful comments to someone asking for advice, but I guess that is just in some people's character. I'll just be glad I don't have to dive with people like that.

seeboth:
No, seriously I'm sorry I was typing as I was. I guess I just didn't realize how confusing it was. Most forums like this aren't so picky about typing, but that's no excuse.

That's right. It's not. So buck up.

I am also sorry this thread is so off subject now.
I was merely wondering why some one would post disrespectful comments to someone asking for advice, but I guess that is just in some people's character. I'll just be glad I don't have to dive with people like that.

Some people are just tired of having to translate the lazy people. You are the one asking the question. It's up to you to be respectful of those trying to help you and be coherent.

nadwidny:
Some people are just tired of having to translate the lazy people. You are the one asking the question. It's up to you to be respectful of those trying to help you and be coherent.
I wasn't the one asking questions. I was just commenting on the way some members responded to the questions asked by Cheekymonkey. Also, thank you for explaining the etiquette of this forum. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I will write posts using correct english from now on.

JeffG:
Sorry. I don't owe anyone anything. Reap what you sow.
No you don't owe anyone anything. But in that case why do you read a thread asking for advice? Just to show attitude?
I guess its sort of a karma issue, thats all I was getting at about asking stupid questions? If you don't want to answer them, why do you?
JeffG:
What planet are you on?
Did you start diving solo? Or did you take classes and rely on the knowledge of a more experienced diver (your instructor, or who ever illustrated the intricacies of DIR to you) to learn what you need to in order to dive safely? If the latter you are, or at least were, part of a community. You must be a very lonely diver, if you've separated yourself so much from other divers that you no longer consider yourself a member of the dive community; in which case I feel sorry for you.

seeboth:
No you don't owe anyone anything. But in that case why do you read a thread asking for advice? Just to show attitude?
To have fun.

seeboth:
Did you start diving solo? Or did you take classes and rely on the knowledge of a more experienced diver (your instructor, or who ever illustrated the intricacies of DIR to you) to learn what you need to in order to dive safely? If the latter you are, or at least were, part of a community.
Take the blinders off. Your "communities" seems to be changing definition on every post and there purpose changes too. Get it straight.

Scubaboard is a community. Is it one to learn how to dive? If it was, you would be dumping your 94 lb wing and getting something useful. But the fact that you are keeping it proves otherwise.

seeboth:
You must be a very lonely diver, if you've separated yourself so much from other divers that you no longer consider yourself a member of the dive community; in which case I feel sorry for you.
If you only had a clue.

JeffG:
Your "communities" seems to be changing definition on every post and there purpose changes too. Get it straight.
No, I feel I've used the same definition of community for every post. I was only talking about the diving comminuty in general, which would include everyone activly involved in diving. From the people who dive everyday, to the people you relied on to get into diving, without any of them this sport would suffer. That includes your local dive buddies and the divers you ask advice from online. Do you need the definition of community refreshed?
JeffG:
Scubaboard is a community. Is it one to learn how to dive? If it was, you would be dumping your 94 lb wing and getting something useful. But the fact that you are keeping it proves otherwise.
Yes, I probably should have another set of wings, but as I've said before I'm a 20-year-old student and I can't afford to own a different set of wings for every dive condition or set-up I enter. But really the fact that a 42-year-old man wants to argue with me, over what gear choices I can afford to make, is pretty sad; so lets end it before it wastes any more time right?

seeboth:
But really the fact that a 42-year-old man wants to argue with me, over what gear choices I can afford to make, is pretty sad; so lets end it before it wastes any more time right?
You don't get it. I don't care what you do. You are the one that started this...you are the sad one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom