Gear Exchange Done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooohhhhh ! ! ! Not following standards !!! Shame on him !!!

the K

we had to exchange it. frankly with a mask for each of us it probably would have been too easy.

Can't argue with that. Probably makes a better diver of you.

the K

I was told and believe it, that the gear exchange is intended to over task you, I can't believe that anyone that gets a 5 on this task on the FIRST try was over tasked...

I got a 2, I think. I'm not worried about re-doing the task, my other scores are high enough to let me pass that section....

I was over tasked by being REQUIRED to wear a wetsuit... and I NEVER wear a wetsuit, couldn't breath and therefore couldn't complete the task....

might have helped if the wetsuit had been appropriately sized :)
-Imbodie

I can't believe that anyone that gets a 5 on this task on the FIRST try was over tasked...

I don't think anything is designed to over task you and make you fail. I have no issues with breathing without a mask and can usually do that for minutes at a time and removing donning and the rest has never given me problems. I am Naturally neutral so that helps a lot also. You have a few minutes to talk it over with whomever you are doing it with so I made sure out weight matched (made me 4 lbs over weight) so that he didn't fly to the surface with my BC. The Dacor Viper swivels and has no real "top" so that helped a bit also.

Personally, I dreaded the Gear Exchange and practiced by taking all my gear to the bottom then donning and adjusting. Seems to have helped.

I don't think anything is designed to over task you and make you fail.
i think it's designed to severely stress you; it's good if it does, frankly.

I have no issues with breathing without a mask and can usually do that for minutes at a time and removing donning and the rest has never given me problems.
maskless buddy breathing while you change the rest of your gear is a whole 'nother story, believe me.

Personally, I dreaded the Gear Exchange and practiced by taking all my gear to the bottom then donning and adjusting. Seems to have helped.
bailout (*holding* all gear in arms, air off, jump in, come up looking dm perfect) is a different kettle of fish. we both did that first go in less than a minute; after the buddy breathing thing it was a blessed relief.

I consider it an exercise in problem solveing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom