Gear envy...what's yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking about a snorkel, spare air, split fins, and ........getting cave certified:D

Time.

A hunting dog is great, so how about a diving shark? With my own trained shark, I wouln't need a scooter, just hop on the shark. Sombody kicking up the reef? Take the shark over there and send that diver off and up. Spear that big jack? Don't try to reel it in, send the shark to retrieve it. Find a treasure chest? The shark will guard it while I go get equipment.

Man's best friend, for a diving man, is a well-trained shark!

Baaaaaahahahahahahahaha :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Love it!

Humm since adding doubles the she pee is looking inviting
I'd love to swap my flx 50/50 with a TLS350 DUI
And my gear selection is definitely missing a scooter ;-).

Of course there's always the perfect dive buddy. 34-26-34 stone cold fox. Lives to carry your gear to and from the boat/dock/beach. Lives to rinse your gear after the dive and set your camera up for the next one. Loves to make me unbelievably scrumptuous morning, mid-day, and evening pre and post dive meals. And always has enough energy left over at the end of the day to service all of my "parts."

Of course, that would have to actually exist to qualify as envy so I'll just call it wishful and very very selfish thinking. (I added that last bit to temper the flames from the ladies here. :D )

I can afford to get pretty much anything I want, however I'm conservative by nature and if I'm not going to use it enough to make it "worth it" then I don't get it.

A few items on my "want but don't really need at the moment list"

Drysuit- I find that up here in the NorthEast I do ok with a semidry suit, it's less maintenance, I can take a piss if I need to (and I usually do), and I don't think I'm that much colder than the dry guys. Although at the beginning and end of the season it's rather cold up on deck..

High End Camera rig- I've got a Nikon Coolpix camera, housing, and strobe and I get decent pictures which are even better after being touched up with photoediting software. I guess if I dove in the tropics more than a week or two per year I'd look into a high end camera and maybe a video camera as well.

A boat- It would be nice to get a few people together and jump in my 30+ footer and head out to a favorite dive spot on a schedule that is completely up to me. I've had boats before but they're time, and expense that just isn't worth it considering I might do a dozen dives a year.

A DPV- The idea is cool..let the scooter do the work, you can go further, see more. I tried one over at Stuart's Cove...it was fun, but maybe not as much fun as I thought, seems like it might get old fast..and they tend to break down quite often and many a dive can be ruined by having to lug one around.

right now it starts and ends with a rebreather for me.

Of course there's always the perfect dive buddy. 34-26-34 stone cold fox. Lives to carry your gear to and from the boat/dock/beach. Lives to rinse your gear after the dive and set your camera up for the next one. Loves to make me unbelievably scrumptuous morning, mid-day, and evening pre and post dive meals. And always has enough energy left over at the end of the day to service all of my "parts."

Of course, that would have to actually exist to qualify as envy so I'll just call it wishful and very very selfish thinking. (I added that last bit to temper the flames from the ladies here. :D )

I think if you look on certain websites you could find that woman to buy....errrrr fall in love with and marry and bring her home.

DiveX Cuda 850 and a Kiss Rebreather. The thought of doing a 6 or 7 mile shore dive just has a lot of appeal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom