Gear cleaning tips please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to me that it's your dads fault that you are diving. Send your gear home with him to be rinsed and dried. Lol

here in AZ getting things to dry is never a problem. +1 on hangers. If you have no where outside to hang them, gym equipment holds the weight of wet gear very well. It's the most use my pull-up tower has seen in years.

It seems to me that it's your dads fault that you are diving. Send your gear home with him to be rinsed and dried. Lol

here in AZ getting things to dry is never a problem. +1 on hangers. If you have no where outside to hang them, gym equipment holds the weight of wet gear very well. It's the most use my pull-up tower has seen in years.

Well, it's thanks to my dad that I'm diving. It's not costing me anything other than gas to drive to the pool. Besides, I don't want to have to drive out to his house after the pool then all the way back home. I'm in New York where drying gear in the fall is turning out to be not so easy.

Get a good fan to circulate the air, and resign yourself to the fact that after dive trips your living space is going to look like a dive locker. as necessary as it is, rinsing and drying gear is by far the worst part of diving. our yard, garage and living room are disaster areas until I get everything put away.

I'm lucky, I live on the top floor with 2 balconies one east facing and one west facing, my apartment is the only apartment on the top floor so no worries about gear getting stolen, of course I do live in Japan which also greatly reduces the chances of getting things stolen anyway. I rinse/soak in bath and then hang outside. Now the weathers getting cooler I aim a fan at my gear to expedite the drying process.

I liked what one of the other posters said about using a doorway chin-up station. You could use that and put a large plastic storage container under it to catch the drips.

thats pretty much what it do. except i do not have steep steps. i soak it in the tubs, drain tub and rinse everything with retractable shower head. usually booties take the longest time to dry.to combat this, i take a metal clothes hanger and fold the two wings of it together. i slip the wings into the booties so just the hook is sticking out and the wings hold the booty open. then i hang them from and ac register. the flow of air drys them faster and keeps them from stinking. i let my wetsuit, wing, and whatever else dry curtain cleaning gold coast in tub as long as possible, then usually move to kitchen near the windows. they are usually still damp, but will dry shortly there. i toss my wing over a stool and hang the suit in a doorway.

Do you have curtains in your home and if yes then how will you clean them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom