Gear advice for a Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snip... DO NOT BUY ATOMIC, those stupid panels WILL FALL OUT ...snip

Seems I've seen you mention that before. I think it was just a case of bad luck for you.

My wife and I have had our Atomic's about 5 years [the yellow ones] and have about 250 or so dives on them and they're just fine. After reading your comment in a prior post, I inspected the panels. They're solid as a rock.

The Apollo's are fine too. I tried a pair for a dive. I think the Atomic's have more of a tactical feel to them.

I like the Atomic mask too. Prior to the Atomic, my OM mask had a purge and I still sort of miss it.

Seems I've seen you mention that before. I think it was just a case of bad luck for you.

My wife and I have had our Atomic's about 5 years [the yellow ones] and have about 250 or so dives on them and they're just fine. After reading your comment in a prior post, I inspected the panels. They're solid as a rock.

The Apollo's are fine too. I tried a pair for a dive. I think the Atomic's have more of a tactical feel to them.

I like the Atomic mask too. Prior to the Atomic, my OM mask had a purge and I still sort of miss it.

I wish it were just me, but I found many many people who have had that problem, 50 dives a year is pretty minimal use, might explain yours lasting longer. Mine got over 200 dives in 13 months, meaning they were always wet and exposed to the world. I saw about a dozen pairs fail that way out there in Hawaii.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom