GAUGE READER MASK - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you use each one of them and why please?

:rofl3:

We bought a red and a "uv" blue flashlights on fleebay over winter and we didn't go for a night dive on our spring trip so... have: yes, use: no.

:rofl3:

We bought a red and a "uv" blue flashlights on fleebay over winter and we didn't go for a night dive on our spring trip so... have: yes, use: no.

This is the reason I think:

What do you use each one of them and why please?

Morning, afternoon and evening times??

I use the magenta lens in blue water diving. I use the yellow lens in green water and the local quarry (I.e. Low viz). I carry the clear lens as a backup when I need a backup (I.e. Technical dives), and I use the clear one in the pool.

I like gaugereader masks not only for gauges, but also to see swimming stuff and coral at short to intermediate range. Using too high a magnification means you can only see things clearly that are very close. I use +2.5 to read and +1.5 on the computer and have +1.5 lenses in my mask. The positioning of the lenses is also important.

I use the mask I like (scubapro frameless) and put cheap stick in lenses on at least one side.

I use a bifocal mask with magnification 0.25 diopter more than my readers on land and it works the best. The reason being that we read gauges at closer range than we read books or documents, the slight magnification provided by water notwithstanding .

I have the Attach-a-Lens readers in my mask. The adhere fine but are really prone to fogging up, almost to the point of being useless. These use a gasket to attach the lens to the glass. I've cleaned everything and reattached them twice. I'm thinking of using an adhesive on the entire lens and getting rid of the gasket? Has anyone tried that? I'm thinking of clear silicone to start with to see if that works, if not a cyanoacrylate glue? Thanks.

I bought 2 from DGX, the smaller one doesn’t fit my face as well as the larger one, so if you’ve got a smaller face I’ll give you a deal on one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom