Gates dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have decided to get a Gates drysuit-I have heard so many good things about Gates' suits and they are relatively inexpensive compared to DUI/Viking/Mobys(Yeah, these are nice suits but MAN they are expensive!!). I can't decide between the VSN1100(stretchy rubber material trlam suit) or the CBX450(non-stretchy, very hard wearing, light, cordura material). The VSN1100 has the option of front entry for a minimal charge and in general is slightly more expensive. I am ordering directly from the Gate's factory in Great Britain. Every dry suit I have tried on I need an XL(weight lifting thighs) but I wear a size 9 street shoe. Should I get a size 9 or size 10 dry suit boot?...they are neoprene lined but might I want to put another pair of booties in them, or a heavy pair of wool socks-correct?
As I mentioned, the VSN1100 has the option of a front entry-diagonal zipper across the torso. Is it truely IMPOSSIBLE to close a back-zippered dry suit by placing a long teather on the zipper and pull it closed that way(like they do on back-zip wetsuits)-or are the physics of trying to pull in that vector(across your body not up) make it just about impossible to do?
As usual I thank everyone for reading this piece of ranble-this board is great!!!!!!!! Additionaly, this is the first time that I have added a message icon-so be gentle with me.

Thanks ya' All!!!!!
Mike

Cause you havent filled your profile i dont know if your UK based, if you are then Gates are at the Birmingham NEC Dive2001 so you may be able to get cheaper deals on sunday afternoon as they clear stock.

As for which to choose...I am looking at drysuits with belushi and i let me choose mine...he knows more about it than me....i am sure someone will come rescue you with advice!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom