Gas prices after 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch0ppersrule:
Where was it under $2.00 at? It hasn't been under $2.00 in over a year (on base which is usually the cheapest). It is still at $2.57 and is suppose to go up .12 on Monday. Guess I need to start buying my gas elsewhere (where Chepar gets hers).

Okay Chepar- I didn't even look at the date on the post. SORRY. Why is gas going up again anyways? That question is for anyone living in Hawaii- no to uninclude/disclude everyone else, but the majority of our gas comes from Indonesia.

ch0ppersrule:
Okay Chepar- I didn't even look at the date on the post. SORRY. Why is gas going up again anyways? That question is for anyone living in Hawaii- no to uninclude/disclude everyone else, but the majority of our gas comes from Indonesia.

When I last visited Hawaii (April 2005), there was talk of a law that would tie gas prices on the Islands to that of the west coast of the USA.

I wanted to tell you folks "ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS!!!" That's because while regular unleaded was around $2.35/gal back in LA, in most parts of Oahu I was paying under $2.00/gal. Even the one gas station at the western edge of Waikiki was only asking $1.99/gal.

I also visted Maui on the same trip, and there gasoline was quite expensive: about $2.75 to $2.85/gal depending on where you go.

I spent last weekend in (rainy) San Francisco and experienced the same thing. Normally, Bay Area gas prices are about 25 cents/gal more than in LA, but in this case it was about 5 cents LESS.

Regular 2.47 a gallon in southern oregon today. Up 19 cents in 3 days.

Ever since "THEY" decided to go with the gas cap our prices have sky rocketed. Someone is making some serious cash!!! With the majority of our fuel coming from Indonesia (they are up to $1.17 a gallon) I just don't understand why we are paying mainland prices. That is why I say someone is making some serious money off this.

I could only wish for those prices now 2.45 here in Madison. Up about 20 cents in the last 2 weeks. The picture in the first post was from about 5 miles form my house. they put out the arm and leg when gas prices spike.

ch0ppersrule:
Ever since "THEY" decided to go with the gas cap our prices have sky rocketed. Someone is making some serious cash!!! With the majority of our fuel coming from Indonesia (they are up to $1.17 a gallon) I just don't understand why we are paying mainland prices. That is why I say someone is making some serious money off this.
No doubt this is out of hand, it is suppossedly going up 17 cents on monday too.

ch0ppersrule:

Traditionally, Hawaii has paid more than the mainland for gasoline, just like with everything else. That certainly was the case when I first visited in 2004.

However, I was surprised when Oahu's gas prices were as low as they were in 2005, and I was even more surprised when you folks were talking about a law linking your gasoline prices to ours.

While it seemed like a good idea at the time, you have to be careful what you ask for. Back in the 90's, when the state of California actually had a surplus, people in some areas became upset that their electricity costs were rising. Unaware of the goings-on at Enron, the people in these areas got the rest of the state to buy into the idea of the state itself becoming an electricity-broker. When the Enron scandal broke and electricity prices became normal again, it left the state with very expensive contracts to abide by, and ended up nearly bankrupting us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom