Garmin Descent MK2i in DECO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That looks really nice in Single/Multi-Gas modes. Wish they would incorporate it in CCR mode as well.
Probably too much screen data needed.

Attached video is a simulated DECO dive with multiple stops. I sure respect the divers that do this sort of diving and the planning necessary. Was wondering if this profile could be done on doubles?

I alway stay within NDL, but wanted to see how the Descent would work if I did pass the NDL limits, to see alarms, messages, deco stops, in real time.

The first video did take some of the spookiness out of passing into NDL for a short time.

Excuse the first 10 minutes, I had the TV on.

Thanks for posting this. I wish I’d seen it before I did my first ever deco dive a few weeks ago. It turned out ok, but I was a bit concerned that my deco requirement cleared before I got to my safety stop. It turns out that any time above ~30’ counts toward deco, and about 25 min of our dive was above 30’.

Thanks for posting this. I wish I’d seen it before I did my first ever deco dive a few weeks ago. It turned out ok, but I was a bit concerned that my deco requirement cleared before I got to my safety stop. It turns out that any time above ~30’ counts toward deco, and about 25 min of our dive was above 30’.
There is nothing special about 30'. The computer continuously models inert gas flows. Whether you're net gaining or losing inert gas at any particular depth depends on your gas mix and the preceding part of your dive profile.

If you're not familiar with deco procedures then I highly recommend taking a course rather than just figuring it out on your own. It isn't particularly hard, but you can really get yourself in trouble if something goes wrong.

Attached video is a simulated DECO dive with multiple stops. I sure respect the divers that do this sort of diving and the planning necessary. Was wondering if this profile could be done on doubles?
Well it's certainly possible to do that dive profile on just doubles if you have a decent gas consumption rate. I wouldn't recommend going to 135 ft on air; something like 21/35 trimix would be a safer choice. And if would also be wise to bring a nitrox stage tank in order to give yourself a safety margin on the back gas and accelerate the deco.

Probably too much screen data needed.
Its no more than OC screens. The way the Big Numbers scrolls through the info on OC mode would work perfectly the same in CCR. I'm not sure why this isn't implemented. Hopefully they add it in the future. This is the standard CCR screen pictured.
IMG_8208.jpeg

This video from Shearwater may help you understand better about deco requirements and how they increase and decrease.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom